CAUTION: TRU Exclusive Power Discs....Scam?!?!

#11ssjgoku72000(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 9:12:49 PM
ShadowElite86 posted...
I bought 4 packs of them thinking that there were more than just 1 TRU exclusive Power Disc available. I would have only bought 1 pack if I had known Mike's Car was the only one released at the moment. They really should explain this better, mainly so customers choose to only buy 1 pack instead of 10 so everyone that goes into the store looking for them has a chance to get one.

I had a hell of a time finding these packs, I bet that wouldn't have been the case if people had known this in advance. At least we know for next time.

Exactly. I'm sure tons of ppl are buying more than one looking for the other 9 exclusives, but openeing then and uhoh......
#12DigitalSuicidePosted 8/25/2013 6:43:57 AM
phineasfool posted...
DigitalSuicide posted...
For the love of God people, you can put the unopened packs on the board and see what's in them. Stop complaining because you opened them and doubles. Also the TRU packs do not all include the Mikes car disc. I got two bags and neither of them had the Mikes car disc in them.

Those weren't the TRU exclusive packs then. The TRU packs are gold in color and every one comes with a Mike's car and one random disc for those. I was a bit annoyed since I had preordered 5 packs from the website about a week before the game released as it was made to seem like there were currently 10 exclusive TRU discs after reading the descriptions back then. Also the description of the TRU exclusive disc collector's album said it held the 10 exclsuive TRU discs. I'm now kind of happy they limited the preorders of those to 5 as I would have done at least 10 of them if they had allowed it and would have been stuck with 10 of Mike's car. We don't have a TRU in my town so at least I can use those extra ones I now have to trade with other people for the last 4 I need of the 20 that you can get in any of the packs.

I purchased two gold packs, I still have the packaging, they are the TRU exclusive packs. I wasn't upset about it because the discs I got we're ones I wanted.

Also I may have been a little misleading, I'm scanning the packs when I get home. I have 4 packs that I'm taking back today to exchange. Doing this I have almost a full set (missing 2).
#13furiatedPosted 8/25/2013 9:12:53 AM
It's only Mike's Car right now. Eventually there will be 10 different TRU exclusives available in the TRU power disc packs. Supposedly the 2nd will be available before the TRU trading even in Sept.

You can see what some of the other TRU exclusives will be if you got the TRU exclusive folder for the discs. There's a couple TRON ones, Zurg, Peter Pan's Flight, and a few more.
#14ssjgoku72000(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 9:14:06 AM
DigitalSuicide posted...
phineasfool posted...
DigitalSuicide posted...
For the love of God people, you can put the unopened packs on the board and see what's in them. Stop complaining because you opened them and doubles. Also the TRU packs do not all include the Mikes car disc. I got two bags and neither of them had the Mikes car disc in them.

Those weren't the TRU exclusive packs then. The TRU packs are gold in color and every one comes with a Mike's car and one random disc for those. I was a bit annoyed since I had preordered 5 packs from the website about a week before the game released as it was made to seem like there were currently 10 exclusive TRU discs after reading the descriptions back then. Also the description of the TRU exclusive disc collector's album said it held the 10 exclsuive TRU discs. I'm now kind of happy they limited the preorders of those to 5 as I would have done at least 10 of them if they had allowed it and would have been stuck with 10 of Mike's car. We don't have a TRU in my town so at least I can use those extra ones I now have to trade with other people for the last 4 I need of the 20 that you can get in any of the packs.

I purchased two gold packs, I still have the packaging, they are the TRU exclusive packs. I wasn't upset about it because the discs I got we're ones I wanted.

Also I may have been a little misleading, I'm scanning the packs when I get home. I have 4 packs that I'm taking back today to exchange. Doing this I have almost a full set (missing 2).

But still, according to all info I have gotten, you should have 2 of Mike's car.
#15DigitalSuicidePosted 8/25/2013 11:56:48 AM
ssjgoku72000 posted...
DigitalSuicide posted...
phineasfool posted...
DigitalSuicide posted...

But still, according to all info I have gotten, you should have 2 of Mike's car.

Not arguing that you're wrong, just saying they didn't come in mine.
#16VMEssierPosted 8/27/2013 9:52:51 PM
ssjgoku72000 posted...
I would also recommend contacting TRU Support directly. Cuz They need to know how misleading their advertising is, how little their employees know about the matter, and that customers are unhappy. I mean, look at the reviews under the Gold Pack on their website, we're not the only ones who didn't know what was going on.

Mind you, I got ppl on other boards for the other Versions here saying "You should have done more research"...and I disagree. The packaging and website say there are two random discs. We shouldn't have to scour the web to find out something is up. The store should inform us and do some basic signage to tell us.

Well lets see, the gold pack doesn't say contains 2 random disc, it says, "includes exclusive power disk" and the product description says, "Blind pack includes 2 series 1 Power Discs with one being a Toys R Us exclusive disc."

Just because you read it to mean, every pack will be different, doesn't make it so. The advertising isn't misleading, it states the truth, there's one exclusive disk in the pack. As for how little the employees know, next time you go in, look around, that's a big store... folks aren't going to know everything about everything. For a lot of people, they work their jobs for a paycheck, not the love of whatever they are selling. Stop trying to blame someone else, just because you wanted to buy a ton of something, rather than doing some basic research.
---
gt: xZx Moose 74 Please include a message with which site, and what you need. Random Friend requests, with no message get deleted,
#17Zohar_MetatronPosted 8/28/2013 2:09:19 PM
ssjgoku72000 posted...

I would also recommend contacting TRU Support directly. Cuz They need to know how misleading their advertising is, how little their employees know about the matter, and that customers are unhappy. I mean, look at the reviews under the Gold Pack on their website, we're not the only ones who didn't know what was going on.

As someone who works at the company-save your breath. Support is worthless, even for employees. They'll absolutely hang up on us mid-call if it sounds like we need something that would require effort on their part.

You are correct however-we weren't given any info, at all. The "product knowledge" briefings are optional and barebones-usually for the electronics department it's just whatever game trailers are relevant that month.

On the other hand, if you bought 14 packs, from three stores, and didn't suspect something was up after, say, three of them? No real sympathy, I'm afraid.
---
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.
#18ShadowElite86Posted 8/28/2013 2:52:08 PM
I was mad about this originally but having sold 2 Mike's Car on Amazon already for $15 each....not so mad anymore.
---
3DS FC: 2938-6382-9396