Any tips on how to use the bike in Monsters University?

#1ShadowElite86Posted 8/29/2013 6:29:07 PM
I despise the bike(s) in MU, it's by far the worst part of this playset. I can't not complete any of the bike challenges or missions where you have to use the bike to complete it. I have 3 of the 4 bikes unlocked, but none of them really seem to have any distinct advantage over the other.

Does anyone have any tips on how to effectively use it? It's going to be the death of me if I can't complete this playset 100% because of this.
---
3DS FC: 2938-6382-9396
#2Gunvalkyrie2Posted 8/29/2013 8:51:36 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3PailzorPosted 8/29/2013 11:31:16 PM
Even though it's the same controls as cars, it handles very differently, and you can crash and burn easy.
I haven't done any bike challenges yet, but I've ridden it pretty extensively for how little of the playset I've gotten through.

-If you haven't driven a 4-wheeled vehicle, get used to controls there first (do an easy/medium race or two), then go back to trying the bike
-Avoid small hills if possible: you'll most likely crash somehow.
-Drift only if you need to do a 90- or 180-degree turn or more, it doesn't provide any bonus like for cars, and it'll just throw you off if it's any less than that.
-Tricks speed you up quite a bit. Be ready for that when you're aiming to land (make sure you can complete the trick before landing, pay attention to how straight your bike will be in the direction you're moving)
-Try not to hit anything. (Duh.)

That's all I've got. Really, it's just mostly getting used to the weird steering and landing right.
---
Black: Pailzor/0776-4003-4903
#4kylecliffePosted 9/1/2013 1:44:57 AM
Also grinding speeds you up too.
---
No changing this sig until I FC Through The Fire & Flames & get a time less than 1:10 on Luigi Circuit!