Wave 2 of Power Discs Revealed

#1GimPosted 9/14/2013 12:52:42 PM
The official Disney Infinity website shows which discs will be part of Wave 2...

https://infinity.disney.com/power-discs#set2

Interesting that they include the TRU exclusive ones (#2.5 User Control and #2.11 Mike's New Car) as part of Wave 2... wonder if they will be a clear plastic variant rather than the current orangeish/reddish plastic.
---
XBox Live Gamertag: Nyte
#2LordElohimPosted 9/14/2013 5:36:55 PM
I thought it was well known that the TRU discs would all be available in waves 2 and 3. I've been telling that to the parents looking for Mike's Car and Tron for weeks. That should mean the other 8 will be in wave 3. But yes, I also believe they will be reprinted as common, losing the rare orange and lenticular asthetic that made them exclusive.
---
GamerTag: Lord Elohim PS3 - LordElohim
3DS Friend Code - 0645-5840-7528 Name: Elohim @ Hades
#3Gim(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 6:56:37 PM
Based on the TRU Exclusive Power Disc Album, #2.10 - Hanging Ten Stitch with Surfboard will also be a TRU exlusive one.

As you mentioned, the remaining ones that will probably in Wave 3 are:
Tron Terrain Theme
Tron Sky Theme
Scrooge McDuck Power
Finn McMissile Power (Damage Bonus?)
Zurg Power
Peter Pan Car (from Disney Park Ride)
Merlin's Bag Power (from Sword in the Stone)
---
#4Gim(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 1:46:11 AM
Dunno if this was mentioned before, but counting the power discs in the games Hall of Heroes, I count a total of 63 power discs, 46 hexagonal discs and 17 circular discs, however the website only discusses 3 waves of power discs, wave 1 with 20, wave 2 with 20, and wave 3 with 15 for a total of 55.

Curious what they have planned for the remaining 8. Wave 3 shows only 2 texture/theme discs being released, but after Wave 2, there is still the Phineas & Ferb textures and the Wall-E textures, for a total of 4 texture/theme discs. If the remaining 8 are being sold as part of a bundle like Frozen, the Frozen power discs are reflected as part of of the 20 from Wave 2.
---
#5WickedRoguePosted 9/17/2013 6:22:13 PM
Yeah, Phineas & Ferb have their own figures so. They might just end up doing it like they are with Frozen for some stuff.
---
FC: 4940-5524-8052
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a bad game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto
#6LordElohimPosted 9/17/2013 6:51:58 PM
Frozen comes in a Toy Box pack, you get Anna and Elsa, and the Frozen sky and Frozen terrain. They could do that with Wreck It Ralph, and Phineas and Ferb, and then we'd only be down 2 discs.
---
#7WickedRoguePosted 9/17/2013 7:14:18 PM
The Wreck It Ralph stuff is in Series 1.
---
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a bad game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto
#8LordElohimPosted 9/17/2013 10:38:34 PM
Based on the information available, a Toy Box Pack contains 2 figures and 2 power discs. I do not think the power discs NEED to necessarily relate to the characters in the pack. According to the Disney Infinty Wiki, as I stated, there will be a Toy Box Pack for Frozen, Wreck It Ralph, and Phineas and Ferb. Based solely on the fact that we have only physically seen the Frozen Toy Box Pack, one should assume each pack comes with 2 figures and 2 power discs. So yes, I am assuming the Wreck It Ralph Toy Box Pack will include 2 power discs that ARE NOT the Wreck It Ralph sky and terrain.
---
#9WickedRoguePosted 9/17/2013 11:37:37 PM
LordElohim posted...
Based on the information available, a Toy Box Pack contains 2 figures and 2 power discs. I do not think the power discs NEED to necessarily relate to the characters in the pack. According to the Disney Infinty Wiki, as I stated, there will be a Toy Box Pack for Frozen, Wreck It Ralph, and Phineas and Ferb. Based solely on the fact that we have only physically seen the Frozen Toy Box Pack, one should assume each pack comes with 2 figures and 2 power discs. So yes, I am assuming the Wreck It Ralph Toy Box Pack will include 2 power discs that ARE NOT the Wreck It Ralph sky and terrain.

I wouldn't base it off the Wiki only because I know it has so many incorrect errors on it.
---
#10LordElohimPosted 9/18/2013 3:43:44 AM
Those entries in the Wiki line up with numerous articles I read on other sites, which is why I had it in my head that there were multiple Toy Box Packs to begin with.
---