This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Fire starter looks like it could be part Psychic

#1R0cks0l1ddPosted 1/8/2013 3:24:35 AM
It used Confusion or a similar move in the trailer.
---
I doubt they'll use any of those names; they're too bland. And they can't use Black or White for race reasons.
bond007106 of Neoseeker
#2SlimeStackPosted 1/8/2013 3:24:47 AM
It'll be part fighting.
#33xceptionPosted 1/8/2013 12:18:44 PM
Please don't be part fighting u.u
And a fire/psychic starter would be badass, but honestly that seems a little difficult considering that Gamefreak doesn't make badass starters except for Swampert...although this is only my opinion
---
If there is a future, we want it now.
#4mondrae205Posted 1/8/2013 12:19:49 PM
If it was that would automatically let it beat half of the other fire starters 1on1
---
Congratulations, random chance is random and based on chance -Naucitos
#5MugilokoPosted 1/8/2013 12:20:46 PM
It'll be part fighting.

---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725. "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/VcOip.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon X board
#6OldDirtyCRPosted 1/8/2013 12:31:08 PM(edited)
Every single generation this debate starts up. "Snivy looks dark!!", "Maybe they will be part psychic this gen", etc.

Every gen I say the same thing. Extremely unlikely. Don't expect it and just using confusion doesn't mean it's psychic http://www.smogon.com/bw/moves/confusion (as seen here).

GF tries to balance the three out like a triangle as far as weaknesses/strengths go and psychic may complicate that. They've usually had psychic be a type that you get later on (not always, but a good chunk of psychic types are later on in the games).

Probably Fire + Fighting/Ground/ or maybe just fire even. Actually Ground isn't very likely, so I'm betting on Fighting. Most likely fighting.

My real question is, will they go the humanoid route (emboar) for the final evolution or will they stick with the four legged fox look (Ala ninetails).
#7AmyUnleashedPosted 1/8/2013 12:38:44 PM
I hope it is part Psycic, two off my favorate types in one starter XD
#8D_BartPosted 1/8/2013 12:40:26 PM
OldDirtyCR posted...
Every single generation this debate starts up. "Snivy looks dark!!", "Maybe they will be part psychic this gen", etc.

Every gen I say the same thing. Extremely unlikely.

While, yes, the fandom has generally jumped on the fighting/psychic/dark starter conclusion too quickly in the past, the fact it's using an outright psychic attack in the trailer makes this a little more than baseless supposition.
---
Splash