This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

First Impressions on Gen 6

#1QueskerPosted 1/8/2013 3:31:13 AM
First off, the titles: X and Y. ...kinda boring out of context, but chances are, like with Black and White, there's a VERY good reason why those names were chosen. It at least gives us a clue or two on the themes of the new generation.

Secondly, the starters. Overall, they don't look too bad. Chespin may need some time to get used to, though. I can see that Fennekin (The fire starter) is leading the way in terms of popularity. I wonder who's going to be the best battle-wise, though?

Thirdly, the legendaries. Okay, I'm going to need another trailer that has a better look at them, but so far, don't know what to think of them. The bird one looks pretty cool, and the deer is vehde MAJESTIC.

Fourth, the new graphics. I've always wondered how they were going to handle 2D Sprites on the 3DS, but that won't be an issue. 3D graphics and 2D drawn battles? Yes please.

And Fifth, I better get a 3DS soon.
---
7 is good. I swear the school's 75-100 grading scale has ruined peoples perception of things.
-MillionGunmannn
#2XazealPosted 1/8/2013 3:33:06 AM
Love the names.

LOVE the legendaries, especially the deer.

Love the starters, especially Froakie.

From what I've seen so far, they've hit it out of the park.
---
Coconuts kill.
#3TherianReturnsPosted 1/8/2013 3:33:41 AM
My first impression was:

"I hate the water starter"
---
Well there are girls on this board too. -Windyligth
#4HitagiPosted 1/8/2013 3:33:49 AM
Underwhelming all around.
#5ScizoreonPosted 1/8/2013 3:48:28 AM
Not so sure about Chespin yet, Froakie is alright and Fennekin is brilliant (just hoping its not Fire/Fighting).

As for the legendaries the deer seems to be drawn from the same legends as the creature from Princess Mononoke (no complaints about it yet) while the dragon/bird thing is a bulkier version of the dragon from Breath of Fire 4 ( little concerned about this).