This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I can't wait for the random hate on popular Pokemon!

#11TherianReturnsPosted 1/8/2013 7:00:20 AM
Dick faced toad.
---
Well there are girls on this board too. -Windyligth
#12Pentao(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 7:19:32 AM
I've already seen some people hating on Fennekin though just for being popular though.
---
"Religion keeps pressing B when we try to evolve." - pirategeorge"
[Pokemon White FC: 3568 1441 4376 (Pentao)]
#13IionIiarPosted 1/8/2013 7:27:15 AM
IionIiar posted...
Honestly haven't seen anyone taking such strong sides on the starters yet. I mean I like Chespin the best so far but I haven't seen any real hate towards any of the starters.

I'm not a big fan of Froakie's design, but I won't say I hate it, because I've grown on many Pokemon I didn't really like before.

Yeah Froakie looks too much like Croagunk to me and I was never a fan of Croagunk. I don't hate it, I just find it unappealing.
---
http://i.imgur.com/FAoMm.png
#14DragonDeoxysPosted 1/8/2013 7:29:58 AM
YoungGganon posted...
I don't hate the fire one, but it seems too similar to other pokemon we have. I don't know, made me think too much of Vulpix, but hey, Froakie is even closer to Croagunk than the fire one is to Vulpix XD

It's weird too because Froakie is probably my favorite.

You can try to see it this way. Vulpix and Ninetales are more based of the mythological japanese kitsune, which appears in folklore.
The new fire type seems to me more like a conventional wild fox found in the forests of the Americas. So there are similarities but a significant difference as well.
Like Grumpig (farm pig) and Emboar (wild boar).
---
Black FC: 4126 5167 3147