This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

please, X/Y, break with the tradition of the starter pokemon...

#1Big_IsaacPosted 1/8/2013 6:03:59 AM
... and not make the grass starter complete garbage!

look at Serperior
75 base attack stats. what the hell? they do realize that the regular game is basically a rock-paper-scissors sweepfest, right? so then why give the starter with the worst offensive typing the worst offensive stats?

sooo bottomline, I really hope this time the grass starter has some decent potential as a sweeper, kind of like the one from Gen 3, except with some actual type coverage
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#2Big_Isaac(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 6:52:55 AM
bump
---
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#3PokemonYoutubePosted 1/8/2013 7:19:05 AM
Venusaur, Sceptile and Torterra are pretty good!

Meganium and Serperior not so much...
---
www.youtube.com/GeneralSecura
#4deadpool848Posted 1/8/2013 7:22:42 AM
Big_Isaac posted...
... and not make the grass starter complete garbage!

look at Serperior
75 base attack stats. what the hell? they do realize that the regular game is basically a rock-paper-scissors sweepfest, right? so then why give the starter with the worst offensive typing the worst offensive stats?

sooo bottomline, I really hope this time the grass starter has some decent potential as a sweeper, kind of like the one from Gen 3, except with some actual type coverage

Serperior was a more deffensive pokemon, with Coil + Leech Seed it was extremely beast when you were able to set it up. It was a stall pokemon so to speak. It even took the moves supereffective against it pretty well, mine never got one shotted by anything.
#5ZekrixPosted 1/8/2013 7:23:50 AM
Wait, isn't Serperior with it's unreleased ability actually strong? I see it hyped everywhere
---
Proud member of Team Galactic ~The True G~
#6kakashik99992Posted 1/8/2013 7:27:20 AM
Contrary Serperior is by far the best starter of V....
---
My pokemon run http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/150
#7Capitan_KidPosted 1/8/2013 7:28:54 AM
New grass starter is gonna be beast.
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#8melvin343Posted 1/8/2013 7:36:19 AM
TC does have a point, what I mean is, this is a new Pokemon game that is coming to 3DS so things should not be the same like the Grass should at lease get a makeover such as duel type like grass/electric or grass/flying. Also please Gamefreak no more Fire/Fighting for once and let's start something new like a fire type something. Remember people it's time for something new.
---
Brad Pitt, There's no silencer on that shotgun. How are you supposed to kill anyone softly without a silencer?
XBOX GT: Player1mj117. PSN: playmaker45.
#9Big_Isaac(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 8:05:31 AM
kakashik99992 posted...
Contrary Serperior is by far the best starter of V....

too bad Contrary Serperior is not a starter pokemon; only Overgrowth Serperior is

what I'm asking for is a grass starter that can function as well for the normal game as Blaziken, Charizard or Feraligatr
had serperior had contrary as its native ability and learned Leaf Storm at a reasonable level (36, preferably), it would have been good.

it can certainly function with coil and leech seed, but that is very inefficient in-game. you're bound to take a lot of damage and leave yourself open for annoying status effects. alternatively, you can just use a more offensive grass type and beat the opponent down with 1 super-effective hit

btw, I'm not saying that the entire pokedex should be filled with sweepers. there should be just as many defensive pokemon as well, HOWEVER the starters should not be among them IMO
---