This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think we'll be able to transfer old pokemon?

#21Ampharos64Posted 1/8/2013 12:44:47 PM
paipr posted...
My biggest question to those who say don't lock it due to loosing old Pokemon. The question is how do you play other games? Pokemon is a rareness where trading is allowed, between the old and the new.

I don't think it's really the same, though, and it's an established mechanic of the series, so it does feel like you're losing something if you can't. I actually do sometimes wonder if it's a waste of time to spend a lot of time levelling in a RPG, but that's different, because you accept those titles as essentially standalone even if they're part of a series, whereas Pokemon has established continuity between the games. A part of it has always been the trading mechanic and 'Gotta Catch 'Em All' idea. So a new Gen allows you to build on your collection, rather than start over with it (and considering how many Pokemon there are, that's probably a good thing). I see them to an extent like an expansion, I guess.

I honestly wouldn't enjoy it if I couldn't move my Pokemon over, anyway. I spent a lot of time breeding and training my Pokemon, and, well, I'm quite fond of some of them, so I want to be ale to use them in the new Gen, too. I think the time investment with Pokemon can be much more significant than with other games (just have to look at my playtimes to see that). The online competitive element also maybe makes it a bit more like an MMO, I can't imagine players of one of those responding positively if told they weren't going to be able to use all their stats and equips in the next expansion.

Hope that helps explain how I feel about it.
#22XxMahnaMahnaxX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 8:52:47 PM
Ampharos gets it
---
http://i.imgur.com/GYR8U.png
The power of GRASS! Let me show you! -- http://i.imgur.com/oUR9s.png
#23Plasma EXEPosted 1/9/2013 1:44:42 PM
D_one_Dan posted...
I hope not because with a reboot they can do things like rebalance pokemon stats, fix/update move sets (gyarados learns thunderbolt what?), maybe change the levels of some pokemon evolutions (ex. hydreigon and volcarona), change weaknesses and strengths of types if needed and maybe remove IVs.

You'll need this. *passes flame shield*

Outside of the amount of time people have probably spent focusing on those, I'd be more than glad for IV's to be removed so long as IV's aren't replaced with something worse or more time consuming.
---
The official Shiki-Ouji of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
3DS FC - 2750-1413-5336
#24DarkraiombPosted 1/10/2013 8:08:27 PM
ZeroArchery posted...
I'd love it. We'd have a Legit Pokemon Experience for once, since Hacks wouldn't be available for a while.

That's a bad thing.
---
Ok is a dash ch. shot when u dash? ~ alatreon789
#25Capitan_KidPosted 1/10/2013 8:10:34 PM
IMO they shouldnt allow trading from old gens. It's a good time to restart
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!