This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will Event Pokemon be secret now?

#1FardrassilPosted 1/8/2013 6:59:16 AM
I was just thinking about this since now it won't be possible to simply rip the sprites and data out of the game (to my knowledge no one has yet managed to do such things to 3DS games). As the title suggests, do you think that Event Pokémon (and maybe other harder to mind ones in the game) will actually be a mystery this time that we learn about when Nintendo officially announces them?
#2ZekrixPosted 1/8/2013 6:59:59 AM
HAHAHA! This would be awesome.

Serebii also wished for that.

They can also add new DLC Event Legendaries or something o__O. 3DS knows no limit.
---
Proud member of Team Galactic ~The True G~
#3Decon082Posted 1/8/2013 7:01:44 AM(edited)
Their data is still in the games, so as soon as the games are released, people will be able to access the data and know everything about every Pokemon. So unfortunately, no.

Fardrassil posted...
(to my knowledge no one has yet managed to do such things to 3DS games)

But it will still happen sooner or later. People have nine months to figure this out before the games ever get released.
---
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X boards.
#4ZekrixPosted 1/8/2013 7:01:10 AM
Decon082 posted...
Their data is still in the games.

You don't know that
---
Proud member of Team Galactic ~The True G~
#5Emerald_WyvernPosted 1/8/2013 7:01:16 AM
Decon082 posted...
Their data is still in the games, so as soon as the games are released, people will be able to access the data and know everything about every Pokemon. So unfortunately, no.

DLC. When they come out, a patch will be added for compatibility purposes.
---
"Hey I know! I'll use my trusty frying pan.. as a drying pan!" - Brock
#6IionIiarPosted 1/8/2013 7:01:34 AM
Even without ripping the models all of their data should be available.
---
http://i.imgur.com/FAoMm.png
#7Decon082Posted 1/8/2013 7:02:54 AM
Emerald_Wyvern posted...
Decon082 posted...

DLC. When they come out, a patch will be added for compatibility purposes.

Oh yes, I forgot that they can do this with the 3DS. It would be a nice "fix" to stop hackers from getting the event Pokemon early. So I'd agree. c:
---
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X boards.
#8Lost_Seraph09Posted 1/8/2013 7:03:21 AM
At present it's not even possible to examine the data inside 3DS carts, but they can extract them though. Oh well, let's see what happens in 9 months.
#9FuneralCakePosted 1/8/2013 7:03:37 AM
It's entirely possible to completely add a new Pokemon using entirely DLC. It wouldn't need to have any data in the game beforehand. I expect Nintendo to do this with event legendaries.
---
SERIOUSLY NOT HOME ROWED
want some funeral to go with that cake?
#10IionIiarPosted 1/8/2013 7:06:21 AM
It's entirely possible to completely add a new Pokemon using entirely DLC. It wouldn't need to have any data in the game beforehand. I expect Nintendo to do this with event legendaries.

Really? This could definitely be interesting then. I hope they make the Pokemon continuously available as DLC instead of limited even Pokemon though if that's the case.
---
http://i.imgur.com/VYCNT.png