This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will Event Pokemon be secret now?

#21sabeta_samaPosted 1/8/2013 4:40:24 PM
Here's the thing

1) With the 3DS, the Secret Pokemon no longer have to be programmed into the game AT ALL. As in, there's absolutely zero code for the Pokemon contained in game, then simply releasing DLC later will add them. I don't think GF will do this, but it is an option

2) The 3DS has still not been hacked, and the security goes up a little bit with each System Update. You can Dump the ROMs still; however, no system has currently been developed that can successfully play or view .3DS files, thus, any Pokemon not immediately catchable in game will be hidden until they choose to release it.
---
Official Palutena of the Kid Icarus: Uprising Board
#22LenneValkiryePosted 1/8/2013 4:46:24 PM
ITT: people seriously underestimating the power of anyone with basic knowledge of game data.
#23bd43Posted 1/8/2013 4:48:52 PM
sabeta_sama posted...
Here's the thing

1) With the 3DS, the Secret Pokemon no longer have to be programmed into the game AT ALL. As in, there's absolutely zero code for the Pokemon contained in game, then simply releasing DLC later will add them. I don't think GF will do this, but it is an option

2) The 3DS has still not been hacked, and the security goes up a little bit with each System Update. You can Dump the ROMs still; however, no system has currently been developed that can successfully play or view .3DS files, thus, any Pokemon not immediately catchable in game will be hidden until they choose to release it.

Eh, with this type of game on the slate, you can expect work on the 3DS to increase dramatically.

As for DLC, it doesn't really fit the MO of poke events or even DLC, to add one pokemon. A new dungeon maybe, but not just a pokemon. With that kind of programming on slate, it makes more sense to have most pokes prepackaged.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#24IionIiarPosted 1/8/2013 8:11:51 PM

There's no such thing as an uncrackable system, and if anything will encourage work on a 3DS crack it's Pokemon. You'd think they'd learn something from the Titanic, but every system that is touted as uncrackable is eventually cracked. Remember ho much trouble geohot got in over cracking the PS3, and there wasn't even a Pokemon game on the line? The 3DS will be cracked, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's Pokemon that gets it done.
---
http://i.imgur.com/VYCNT.png