This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can someone help me understand the appeal of the Pokemon games?

#1PatriotAIPosted 1/8/2013 8:00:44 AM
The only Pokemon game i've beaten is FireRed, and while it was fun leveling up my Pokemon and learning new abilities, catching new ones in the wild, the game was just a glorified grind fest, once you get certain Pokemon to a high enough level the battles just become a joke and you wish there was an auto-combat feature. I tried Platinum after that and it was the same game, everything was just the same, why would i want to go trough that grind fest again? I'm pretty sure there were some new Pokemon and stuff like that, but i'm not a big enough fan to care about trivial stuff like that that has little effect on the actual gameplay. And now i notice the X and Y have been announced, and they do look very good, finally 3D, but it looks like the same game again for the 20th time, nothing gameplay wise has changed. Can someone help me out here, what am i missing?
#2MonixionPosted 1/8/2013 8:03:52 AM
If Pokemon doesn't appeal to you, chances are it just doesn't appeal to you. I doubt anyone saying what makes it good for them will change your opinion.
---
[[PSN - NekuShibuya]] [[Xbox Live - monixion]]
Currently Playing: PlayStation All Stars: Battle Royale [Sweet Tooth]
#3keybladesrusPosted 1/8/2013 8:05:39 AM
Monixion posted...
If Pokemon doesn't appeal to you, chances are it just doesn't appeal to you. I doubt anyone saying what makes it good for them will change your opinion.

Exactly this.
---
"Let's just say they're...not okay" - Madara Uchiha