This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have such mixed feelings on these new games

#1Dark World RulerPosted 1/8/2013 9:22:32 AM
First off, Pokemon games are the only JRPG games that I truly love outside of the Dragon Quest Monster: Joker games and the upcoming Ni No Kuni. I buy the latest Pokemon games regardless even being 22 because they are pretty addictive, but for some reason Im just not excited about Pokemon X/Y and I dont think Im outgrowing them.

I like that the games are full 3D, I predicted that Black and White was GameFreak slowly transitioning the series into 3D anyways so Im not that surprised. But now it kind of feels like character modes have become generic with their bulbous designs and lost the charm the series has always had. I cant imagine Gym Leaders standing out or looking cool with these character models really.

Another thing Im worried about is with now being full 3D, they'll have less content or scaled down regions/areas to compensate for the visuals. I just cant help but feel these games arent going to be as great as the announcement trailer made them seem. I would hate if these games felt smaller and had less options or side events because of some issues getting the game on the 3DS cartridge,

I just hope these games deliver and are the best games yet.
---
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
#2snowflake182Posted 1/8/2013 9:28:41 AM
Well, the worlds shouldn't be constrained by the switch to 3d, due to using a now vastly superior console to the last 9 games(wow)
They might, but shouldn't

and as far as character designs go, I can understand why you would think that.
But I will go so far as to say, that art style is not what determines good character designs, that is up to the artists who make then, so you just gotta hope they are gonna make good on em.
---
Nami is my waifu! ~<3