This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What theme will Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie had in their evolutions?

#11undisputed2386Posted 1/10/2013 4:44:17 AM
Chespin will have a soldier theme. A porcupine evo with some sort of army look to it.

Fennekin will follow an Egyptian theme and I predict the hair in it's ears will play a big part in the visual style of it's evo. I think it will remain a quadruped.

Froakie will have a wizard theme. Someone on the boards here pointed out that the shapes on his nose resemble a pair of reading glasses almost. Maybe these turn into obvious glasses in a later evo? The foam surrounding his body will expand as well, maybe giving him sort sort of old man moustache and beard?
---
GOKAIIIII SHHIIILLVAAHH
#12CloudStrife630Posted 1/10/2013 4:46:50 AM
Froakie has an old man look to him ie Benjamin Franklin. I can see his glasses becoming full glasses in his final stage. Maybe he'll get a cane too? A nice beard to go along with it.
---
http://i.minus.com/iQk9WytB7nDc.gif
#13LightningHawk90Posted 1/10/2013 4:47:44 AM
http://www.mariowiki.com/Frogfucius
---
Pokemon white FC: 0003 4423 2595
#14Bat178Posted 1/10/2013 4:47:51 AM
Maybe Fennekin might be Kitsune-themed, but Vulpix already did that.
---
Awww, isn't that cute? He thinks he can beat me!
#15faruway(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 4:58:44 AM(edited)
Hmmm...we know Chimchar and Tepig evos resembles those 2 characters from Journey to the West and both Snivy and Piplup evos had french theme all over them, one being an empress, the other being Napoleon.

Don't know about the 2 starters but for Froakie, his theme is easy to speculate and predict. Not only I speculate that he has a ninja theme but I just checked the other forum sites on what Froakie is gonna be and they all speculate him being based off a ninja.

You know, Oshawott being a samurai and Froakie being a ninja, I think Gamefreak is continuing that trend of 'one starter had that theme until the next starter from another gen share that theme'

EDIT: Froakie being a wizard theme is great but I don't see that theme fitting him, love the idea of Chespin and Fennekin being a soldier and egyptian though.
---
Official GilgaPrishe's Spicy Hot Taco Buddy of Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy Board
WhiteFC: 2881 6954 3015, White2FC: 4342 0820 5010
#16CloudStrife630Posted 1/10/2013 4:58:22 AM
RageKaiser posted...
http://www.mariowiki.com/Frogfucius

Interesting.
---
#17CloudStrife630Posted 1/10/2013 4:59:39 AM
faruway posted...
Hmmm...we know Chimchar and Tepig evos resembles those 2 characters from Journey to the West and both Snivy and Piplup evos had french theme all over them, one being an empress, the other being Napoleon.

Don't know about the 2 starters but for Froakie, his theme is easy to speculate and predict. Not only I speculate that he has a ninja theme but I just checked the other forum sites on what Froakie is gonna be and they all speculate him being based off a ninja.

You know, Oshawott being a samurai and Froakie being a ninja, I think Gamefreak is continuing that trend of 'one starter had that theme until the next starter from another gen share that theme'

Makes sense with Froakie. Did you see that move he did in the game? If you slow it down he bounces off one leg and he's all over the place on Patrat.
---
#18faruway(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 5:14:30 AM
CloudStrife630 posted...
faruway posted...

Makes sense with Froakie. Did you see that move he did in the game? If you slow it down he bounces off one leg and he's all over the place on Patrat.

Yeah, I saw it.

Although, the idea of Froakie theme being based off Frogfucius/Confucius...a wise old sage toad....I can see that happening for his final evo but this is Gamefreak we're talking about when it comes to designing a starter pokemon. Whoever seen a sealion with a shell helm wielding a razor shell sword outside of Pokemon? No, this was the first thing we seen it and we know they had trouble designing Oshawott final evo but eventually, they perfected the design and the final evo became Samurott.
---
Official GilgaPrishe's Spicy Hot Taco Buddy of Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy Board
WhiteFC: 2881 6954 3015, White2FC: 4342 0820 5010
#19MaurithPosted 1/10/2013 5:18:20 AM(edited)
I expect Chespin will grow into a mean-looking hedgehog/porcupine, only its quills still resembling those from spiky chestnut shells. Not sure about a theme exactly.

I'm liking the Egyptian ideas for Fennekin. I recall someone being unable to puzzle out its German name: Fynx. Sounds a bit like sphynx....even though that's a lion woman :/ . Pokémon has had stranger things though, maybe they can blend it with a fox :P

Froakie does seem rather nimble. In the artwork it looks as though raising a hand to listen carefully. I'm not sure about those white circles on its face though. I don't think they're supposed to resemble spectacles, but I can't un-see :P .
---
[LoL favourites: Janna, Syndra, Rumble, Fizz, Ezreal, Miss Fortune, Katarina, Volibear, Ahri, Lee Sin, Kog'Maw, Sejuani, Wukong, Nunu, Swain]