This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what is Chespin?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So what is Chespin?

User Info: CloudStrife630

4 years ago#11
It was confirmed to be a chestnut. I forgot the hedgehog part. It's a hedgehog with a broken chestnut on his head.

User Info: Hirokey123

4 years ago#12
I believe the name dissection resulted in it most likely being a hedgehog.
Chestnut-pin a grass hedgehog and keeping in with the seed theme that grass/dark seedot started. Which might further imply chespin is a grass/dark as well.
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me

User Info: mralpha543

4 years ago#13
Rocket Professor Al ~ R ~ Support Elesa! Rocket take over world!

User Info: SSj2_Magneto

4 years ago#14
A chipmunk or a goundhod, maybe. He kinda looks like an otter, but that wouldn't make much sense.

From: Brady672_AT_fan | Posted: 1/8/2013 12:52:16 PM | #005
It kinda looks like a porcupine

I'm not seeing it, but that would be an awesome way for his evo's to go.

User Info: mondrae205

4 years ago#15
mralpha543 posted...
Congratulations, random chance is random and based on chance -Naucitos

User Info: Yamato_san

4 years ago#16
its Japanese name is "Harimaron". What it is is quite easily identifiable with that alone.

Also, echidnas are "harimogura" (literally "spiky mole"), which sounds pretty similar. So yeah, I'd say it's a chestnut-based echidna, or possibly a porcupine (though if that is the case, it should be mentioned that the naming scheme seems mixed up with Hinoarashi/Cyndaquil, which was named after the Japanese word for porcupine, "yamaarashi", despite looking more like an echidna). On another note, I just realized that this is the first Grass starter we got that isn't a reptile.

EDIT: Noticed other people bringing up hedgehog. For those curious, hedgehogs are "harinezumi" (literally "spiky rat") in Japanese. It could be a hedgehog, but "harimogura" sounding more similar to "Harimaron" made me think that was intentional. BTW... combined with the fox starter, is anyone else getting a Sega vibe from all this?
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So what is Chespin?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived