This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what is Chespin?

#11CloudStrife630Posted 1/8/2013 9:56:10 AM(edited)
It was confirmed to be a chestnut. I forgot the hedgehog part. It's a hedgehog with a broken chestnut on his head.
---
http://i.minus.com/iQk9WytB7nDc.gif
#12Hirokey123Posted 1/8/2013 9:54:18 AM
I believe the name dissection resulted in it most likely being a hedgehog.
Chestnut-pin a grass hedgehog and keeping in with the seed theme that grass/dark seedot started. Which might further imply chespin is a grass/dark as well.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#13mralpha543Posted 1/8/2013 9:54:18 AM
Oshawott
---
Rocket Professor Al ~ R ~ Support Elesa! Rocket take over world!
#14SSj2_MagnetoPosted 1/8/2013 9:54:36 AM
A chipmunk or a goundhod, maybe. He kinda looks like an otter, but that wouldn't make much sense.

From: Brady672_AT_fan | Posted: 1/8/2013 12:52:16 PM | #005
It kinda looks like a porcupine

I'm not seeing it, but that would be an awesome way for his evo's to go.
#15mondrae205Posted 1/8/2013 9:55:51 AM
mralpha543 posted...
Oshawott

---
Congratulations, random chance is random and based on chance -Naucitos
#16Yamato_sanPosted 1/8/2013 10:04:31 AM(edited)
its Japanese name is "Harimaron". What it is is quite easily identifiable with that alone.

Hari=needle
Maron=chestnut

Also, echidnas are "harimogura" (literally "spiky mole"), which sounds pretty similar. So yeah, I'd say it's a chestnut-based echidna, or possibly a porcupine (though if that is the case, it should be mentioned that the naming scheme seems mixed up with Hinoarashi/Cyndaquil, which was named after the Japanese word for porcupine, "yamaarashi", despite looking more like an echidna). On another note, I just realized that this is the first Grass starter we got that isn't a reptile.

EDIT: Noticed other people bringing up hedgehog. For those curious, hedgehogs are "harinezumi" (literally "spiky rat") in Japanese. It could be a hedgehog, but "harimogura" sounding more similar to "Harimaron" made me think that was intentional. BTW... combined with the fox starter, is anyone else getting a Sega vibe from all this?