This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rumor of new types being added this gen?

#11Pale_HeartPosted 1/8/2013 10:08:27 AM
Here's a new type for you: Love

Heart attack everywhere!
#12Bronze_StuffPosted 1/8/2013 10:10:21 AM
fawfulmark2 posted...
Bronze_Stuff posted...
I just think Dragon type should be hit with type nerfs honestly. I always did hate the Dragon type. It makes so little sense in comparison to all of the other types IMO.

the only type that should be considered to being even close for nerfs are Rock and maybe Steel. otherwise,it's not that bad really.

Yeah, but at least Rock and Steel makes sense... Dragon is just so... Weird. It's like Ground, Water, Fire, Rock... DRAGON!

It's like having the Dinosaur type. >_>
---
Jimbo.
#13CloudStrife630Posted 1/8/2013 10:11:08 AM
Digital, Zombie, Space, Fossil, Light
---
http://i.minus.com/iQk9WytB7nDc.gif
#14deadpool848Posted 1/8/2013 10:17:41 AM
Bronze_Stuff posted...
fawfulmark2 posted...
Bronze_Stuff posted...
I just think Dragon type should be hit with type nerfs honestly. I always did hate the Dragon type. It makes so little sense in comparison to all of the other types IMO.

the only type that should be considered to being even close for nerfs are Rock and maybe Steel. otherwise,it's not that bad really.

Yeah, but at least Rock and Steel makes sense... Dragon is just so... Weird. It's like Ground, Water, Fire, Rock... DRAGON!

I think the idea behind Dragon type was that it would be more or less reserved for legendaries, the pokemon that are perfectly allowed to be weird since there is so little information about them in the world anyway. They only really added 1 or 2 Dragon types each gen as well, and they usually had high level evolutions and you would get them at a low lvl.

There are however 2 dragon types that never made sence to me, Flygon and Altaria, both of them jsut dont seem to be dragony at all, ones a cloud bird, unless thats from some mythology im not familiar with, makes no sence, and Flygon seems more like a Bug/Ground then a Dragon/Ground by its looks since its green, big bug like eyes and antennas, only thing that resembles a draogn on its part is the body structure. Ther rest of the Dragon types I was fine with.

The weakneses i can probably explain. Ice is a weaknes because since there an acient type of pokemon, they could be frozen easily to be preserved, or were frozen once before and then unfrozen later on to be reintroduced? Something along those lines, and Dragon being a weaknes to itself jsut means that a dragon has the power to beat another dragon, and no one else should be able to. The weakneses do seam to be weird nontheless.

But yea, I think the idea was to make a type of pokemon that was powerfull, resilient, and only available lategame with dedication.
#15CrabhammarPosted 1/8/2013 10:22:37 AM
Should've been, like, Ancient type or something.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#16andis1992Posted 1/8/2013 10:24:33 AM
One idiot already decided to post light type so let me clear this up here.

The desire for a light type comes from people wanting a counter to the "dark" type.

In actuality, the dark type in japan translates to "fights dirty". and we already have a counter to that, its called the fighting type. so gtfo.
#17Bronze_StuffPosted 1/8/2013 10:25:30 AM
deadpool848 posted...
Bronze_Stuff posted...
fawfulmark2 posted...
Bronze_Stuff posted...

I think the idea behind Dragon type was that it would be more or less reserved for legendaries, the pokemon that are perfectly allowed to be weird since there is so little information about them in the world anyway. They only really added 1 or 2 Dragon types each gen as well, and they usually had high level evolutions and you would get them at a low lvl.

There are however 2 dragon types that never made sence to me, Flygon and Altaria, both of them jsut dont seem to be dragony at all, ones a cloud bird, unless thats from some mythology im not familiar with, makes no sence, and Flygon seems more like a Bug/Ground then a Dragon/Ground by its looks since its green, big bug like eyes and antennas, only thing that resembles a draogn on its part is the body structure. Ther rest of the Dragon types I was fine with.

The weakneses i can probably explain. Ice is a weaknes because since there an acient type of pokemon, they could be frozen easily to be preserved, or were frozen once before and then unfrozen later on to be reintroduced? Something along those lines, and Dragon being a weaknes to itself jsut means that a dragon has the power to beat another dragon, and no one else should be able to. The weakneses do seam to be weird nontheless.

But yea, I think the idea was to make a type of pokemon that was powerfull, resilient, and only available lategame with dedication.

You might be right, because the more I think about it, Dragon resist the elements of R/B/G/Y starters and those types alone... Maybe Pikachu was originally going to be a starter as well? I mean it is for Yellow, but I doubt they thought Yellow was going to be made when Pokemon first came out. Huh... That's weird.

But yeah, the weakneses weren't even my problem. It's just the whole "dragon" thing. Especially when ones like Charizard (THE ideal picture of a standard dragon) and Gyarados don't get it.
---
Jimbo.