This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can you move in any direction you want in to overworld?

#1Minjo26Posted 1/8/2013 11:17:05 AM
I really hope so.. I know it's not a huge deal but for some reason this is something I've always wanted in Pokemon.

By the looks of the trailer it seems like no, and I would understand this due to the "step-based" mechanic that is important for certain aspects of the game
#2niklnipPosted 1/8/2013 11:18:18 AM
We don't know yet. We don't exactly have enough information, but if you want to judge PURELY from the first trailer, and what we all saw... No, probably not. BUT, considering that this is a 3D game, we probably will be able to move in any way we want.
---
Black 2 Friend Code [Nikl]: 0433-7110-2756
Official Swoobat of the Pokemon X board
#3kirbydude385Posted 1/8/2013 11:21:41 AM
well during the part where the trainer swings on a vine, the path curves a bit

granted BW1&2 had curved paths and you could only move in 4 directions but still
---
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W and BW2 Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: XigbarsHoe, XolvanoraX, Zweilous2
#4hellslingerPosted 1/8/2013 11:22:55 AM
Still seems to be grid format.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULCRM.jpg
#5Hirokey123Posted 1/8/2013 11:23:10 AM
Pretty sure it's still 4 way grid movement, but I think that's for the best. It makes it easier to enter doors and walk across things like balance beams and what not, also just running back and forth to hatch eggs is easier with grid movement.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#6vital_tundraPosted 1/8/2013 11:24:06 AM
Its still a 4 direction format.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#7ZeroArcheryPosted 1/8/2013 11:26:15 AM
Hirokey123 posted...
Pretty sure it's still 4 way grid movement, but I think that's for the best. It makes it easier to enter doors and walk across things like balance beams and what not, also just running back and forth to hatch eggs is easier with grid movement.

This was my thoguhts on it.

Also Trainers seeing you will be less frustrating, and easier to judge.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua