This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's so great to have these game finally not hackable by noob battlers

#21EstheimasterPosted 1/8/2013 3:26:18 PM
cardoor123 gf posted...
RTC3 posted...
so just cuz u wasted money on pokemon red v 6.0 you want other people to do so too

It's not wasting money you troll. If you think so then why are you here?

bretonftw posted...
cardoor123 gf posted...
bretonftw posted...
Just take out IV's / EV's entirely, no reason to hack then other than getting to level 100.

EV's make no sense anyway...

How does EVs not make sense?

Knocking 250-ish of the same wild pokemon out to develop in a certain way? It's just crazy....

Not really. IMO it's like flexing 20 times, for 3 sets to bulid strength or reading 100 pages of a subject to gain knowledge in real life. I don't see how fighting 250 Pokemon known for attack/speed/defense/etc wouldn'traise your attack/defense/speed/etc

Yeah, and if anything, IVs are the confusing ones, with their randomness and inability to casually use.
#22Mr StickPosted 1/8/2013 3:31:04 PM

It's still a pointless process and is tedious for no reason. Just keep Natures, that's fine, but the stats shouldn't be moved around because of what your battling, it doesn't encourage the player to use the pokemon they caught. They end up just breeding it so they can just start the tedious process of killing the same pokemon over and over. Kind of goes against the whole theme of the game.

Here's a crazy thought- How about people who don't like EVs and IVs... not worry about them? WHOA! WHAT?!

I have played every single game just using the Pokemon I caught and wanted to. I have never cared about EVs or IVs and have had no problem playing through the games.

EVs and IVs are for competitive battling, and the point of competitive battling is competition (derp). You train the Pokemon by making them do redundant things, similar to playing fighting games to learn combos and actually working out to be stronger. You're missing the point of competitive battling.

If you don't want to deal with that stuff, don't. Don't play against people who do or just stick to the main game. I play them for the story and collecting. I don't bother with that nonsense because I don't care to waste my life doing so. If people want to do that, why suggest removing it? Just because it is tedious doesn't mean you have to do it, and it doesn't affect you unless you go to a competition or battle random online. You have no business competing in something that you're not going to work for. Guess races are rigged if you lose because the other racers trained their legs and bodies to be able to run fast and keep their breathe and be in shape.

cardoor123 gf posted...

How about you learn some skills get make it faster? You think IV are random? You think EVs are too tedious? Seem like you just don't have the skills.

Skills? Using RNG, Action Replay or re-breeding for eggs until you get the perfect one is "skill" now? Don't embarrass the pokemon metagame, no wonder so many consider it as a joke. Cuz promoting things dumb as THAT....

However, I have to agree with this.

EVs and IVs have nothing to do with skills. If you're dealing with IVs and EVs it just means you have a lot of patience and nothing constructive to do with your time. You can't be better or worse at EV training or IV breeding. There's no skill involved. Just research and time.
---
~ I'm Always Fighting the Gravity ~
360: MoldyClay87 ;; 3DS: 3050-8737-8491
#23KosacVPosted 1/8/2013 3:31:23 PM
It's so great to have these game finally not hackable by noob battlers

Eh.

The only thing I wish could happen now is that GameFreak sues and shutdown battle simulators. If people don't have the game they shouldn't be able to play it imo.

What? Just what? Especially the implication that all people who play simulators don't own the game.

I'm sorry you can't stand people not playing the game like you whether it actually affects you or not.
---
This one knows what he's doing...
#24cardoor123 gf(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 3:41:08 PM
What? Just what? Especially the implication that all people who play simulators don't own the game.

I understand some morons might own the game and then play on sims, but if GameFreak removes simulators then what harm are they doing to the owner of those games? They might *gasp* play on the game they purchased *gasp*
#25Kagayaku08Posted 1/8/2013 3:56:00 PM
cardoor123 gf posted...
It's still a pointless process and is tedious for no reason. Just keep Natures, that's fine, but the stats shouldn't be moved around because of what your battling, it doesn't encourage the player to use the pokemon they caught. They end up just breeding it so they can just start the tedious process of killing the same pokemon over and over. Kind of goes against the whole theme of the game.

This is what I hate about most trainers, they want everything handed to them. To get the best Pokemon you have to work for it.

*Wahhh, IV is too random*
*Wahhh, EVs is too tedious*

How about you learn some skills get make it faster? You think IV are random? You think EVs are too tedious? Seem like you just don't have the skills.

spoken like a person who's never bred. Skills, in pkm breeding? If it was that easy, nobody would hack. There are no "skillz" in breeding, you can only control for so much ie: nature. The rest is random numbers. Try knowing what you're talking about. Its makes being an ass hat more effective.
---
~When everything's made to be broken, i don't give a damn if you know who I am~