This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Gen 6 is here already? Doesn't this seem kind of soon?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So Gen 6 is here already? Doesn't this seem kind of soon?
4 years ago#21
Black and White were in 2010, but Diamond & Pearl were also in 2006.

And yeah, I had noticed the anime seemed kind of short and fast moving, but I thought that was because they were gonna start a new, larger continuation of it or something. Guess I was mistaken.

And the market life of the DS is a decent point, but I didn't think that meant they'd be making Gen 6 because of it. Yeah the DS is dying, and it's time for the 3DS, but does that mean it's time for the 3DS to have a Pokémon game? I guess so.

As for the sequel coming out so fast, this was the first time any Pokémon game had a real cut and dry sequel, so I didn't really see how much that told.
Kaljinyu
4 years ago#22
SirPierce posted...
There was 2 years between Gen 1 and 2. As well as between Gen 2 and 3. There were 3 or 4 years between Gen 3 and 4 as well as Gen 4 and 5.

Gen 5 was called a reboot. This makes Gen 6 the new Gen 2. There was 2 years between 1 and 2. By the time this launches, it will be a little more than 3 years since Gen 5 began...so, no. It is not too soon.

Wouldn't that mean they were heading in a pattern of the wait time between Gens getting larger?

But then again they theoretically could decide to stop the pattern and go back to the way some older game was.
Kaljinyu
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So Gen 6 is here already? Doesn't this seem kind of soon?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived