This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Gen 6 is here already? Doesn't this seem kind of soon?

#21ItsKaljinyuTime(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 11:46:47 AM
Black and White were in 2010, but Diamond & Pearl were also in 2006.

And yeah, I had noticed the anime seemed kind of short and fast moving, but I thought that was because they were gonna start a new, larger continuation of it or something. Guess I was mistaken.

And the market life of the DS is a decent point, but I didn't think that meant they'd be making Gen 6 because of it. Yeah the DS is dying, and it's time for the 3DS, but does that mean it's time for the 3DS to have a Pokémon game? I guess so.

As for the sequel coming out so fast, this was the first time any Pokémon game had a real cut and dry sequel, so I didn't really see how much that told.
---
Kaljinyu
#22ItsKaljinyuTime(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 11:50:54 AM
SirPierce posted...
There was 2 years between Gen 1 and 2. As well as between Gen 2 and 3. There were 3 or 4 years between Gen 3 and 4 as well as Gen 4 and 5.

Gen 5 was called a reboot. This makes Gen 6 the new Gen 2. There was 2 years between 1 and 2. By the time this launches, it will be a little more than 3 years since Gen 5 began...so, no. It is not too soon.

Wouldn't that mean they were heading in a pattern of the wait time between Gens getting larger?

But then again they theoretically could decide to stop the pattern and go back to the way some older game was.
---
Kaljinyu