This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

8 way run or continued tile-style movement?

#1muffinmasherPosted 1/8/2013 12:05:50 PM
In the trailer, specifically where they show the brief portion of the player running in a forest, he does a very abrupt 90 degree turn. This makes me think that there won't be true 3D world movement, and it'll still be limited to "tiles".
Either way, game looks amazing.

Thoughts?
---
Black 2 FC: 3654 8353 8201
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#2CloudStrife630Posted 1/8/2013 12:07:03 PM
Yeah. It looks like it's the same movement.
---
http://i.minus.com/iQk9WytB7nDc.gif
#3MonixionPosted 1/8/2013 12:07:55 PM
Im guessing they'll keep with the 'tiled' world, easier for them to implement puzzles and such.
---
[[PSN - NekuShibuya]] [[Xbox Live - monixion]]
Currently Playing: PlayStation All Stars: Battle Royale [Sweet Tooth]
#4muffinmasher(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 12:09:41 PM
Monixion posted...
Im guessing they'll keep with the 'tiled' world, easier for them to implement puzzles and such.

Ah, this is true, I hadn't thought about that. Plus, being in the line of sight of trainers might be a little hairy as well.
---
#5Grand KirbyPosted 1/8/2013 12:11:47 PM(edited)
Yeah, that didn't look that good. Hopefully it's just because it's a video demo and it wasn't being played naturally.

Monixion posted...

Ah, this is true, I hadn't thought about that. Plus, being in the line of sight of trainers might be a little hairy as well.

I don't either of those would be problematic. And the Orre games handled line of sight without trouble.
---
Okay, I rolled a 14. What's that mean? Hsu
That you're a cheater. This is a 12-sided die. Chan
#6SakurafanboyPosted 1/8/2013 12:11:12 PM
Dear GameFreak,

Circle pad. Use it.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#7EstheimasterPosted 1/8/2013 12:13:38 PM
Remember, this is the first showing of it- it's viable to change.

Also, I played White 2 on the 3DS, and it felt fine using the circle pad. Honestly, with 700+ 3D models (Pokémon) in the game, moving isn't the least of my concerns.
#8muffinmasher(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 12:13:41 PM
Grand Kirby posted...
Yeah, that didn't look that good. Hopefully it's just because it's a video demo and it wasn't being played naturally.

Monixion posted...

I don't either of those would be problematic. And the Orre games handled line of sight without trouble.

Oh, I never played those games, were they 8-way run styled?
How did that play?
---
#9Grand KirbyPosted 1/8/2013 12:16:34 PM

Oh, I never played those games, were they 8-way run styled?
How did that play?

Yeah. It played fine. Even if it's not in four cardinal directions, you can still have someone stare at and move in a straight line.
---
Okay, I rolled a 14. What's that mean? Hsu
That you're a cheater. This is a 12-sided die. Chan
#10Nidhogg151Posted 1/8/2013 11:51:34 PM
I'm kinda worried about this myself. Playing White 2 on my 3DS has been hurting my thumb a lot, because I find the circle pad is very difficult to use with 4 way running and I have to use the d-pad to move. With it being lower on the 3DS, it tends to cramp my thumb. It seems like sometimes you just barely move the circle pad and they change directions, and other times you have to move it dramatically to go the direction you want. I'll be buying the game no matter what, but this is my biggest concern right now.

Ideally, I would like them to add 8 way running, with a camera that somewhat auto follows you. Then have the ability to rotate the camera with the trigger buttons. Though since I'm guessing 4 way is more likely due to the trailer, I hope they at least figure out a way to make it feel more comfortable.
---
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576