This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The moves the starters use in the trailer...

#11D_BartPosted 1/8/2013 12:49:16 PM
PAHERZ posted...
GATTJT posted...
GATTJT posted...
That's just not going to happen.

Why not?

because psychic can't hit dark at all

That's why you make the Fire starter Psychic and the Grass starter Dark. I don't care if Psychic can't hit Dark at all, Fire can wreck Grass like nothing anyways.

Why would they want to balance the triangle so that they can all KO each other?

Gen 4 was pretty close to that, minus Empoleon vs Torterra.
---
Splash
#12GATTJT(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 12:58:02 PM

A triangle is usually drawn with equal sides, so why wouldn't they balance it?

Empoleon could learn Ice Beam though. It didn't need the STAB on that when it could hit Torterra for quadruple damage.
---
Second in command to CE's resident villain and head of his army of evil minions.
#13HulkkisPosted 1/8/2013 1:05:58 PM
This has been mentioned several dozen times and its pretty obvious this is the case. To make it simpler allow me to list the moves they used:

Solarbeam + Night Slash
Flamethrower + Psywave/Confusion/Something new
Hydro Pump + Close Combat/New move
---
"South-Korea is the only nation whose national sport has a sequel."
-Disc
#14PAHERZPosted 1/8/2013 1:23:36 PM
GATTJT posted...

A triangle is usually drawn with equal sides, so why wouldn't they balance it?

Empoleon could learn Ice Beam though. It didn't need the STAB on that when it could hit Torterra for quadruple damage.

It's the fact that one beats another that creates a triangle. Making them all neutral takes that away.
---
If i was a potato, i would be a good potato.
#15GATTJT(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 1:31:15 PM
It's the fact that one beats another that creates a triangle. Making them all neutral takes that away.

They're not neutral though. They can still beat each other, it's just that, with the Dark/Fighting/Psychic secondary typings, it can go both ways now.
---
Second in command to CE's resident villain and head of his army of evil minions.
#16PAHERZPosted 1/8/2013 1:34:14 PM
GATTJT posted...

They're not neutral though. They can still beat each other, it's just that, with the Dark/Fighting/Psychic secondary typings, it can go both ways now.

If it goes both ways then its a neutral standing in which everyone beats each other
---
If i was a potato, i would be a good potato.
#17GATTJT(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 1:37:16 PM
If it goes both ways then its a neutral standing in which everyone beats each other

Well you've got me there. I still think it's a possibility.
---
#18FwubblePosted 1/8/2013 1:37:36 PM
It means that if you pick the Grass starter, your rival can pick Fire and the opposite gender trainer can pick Water and they'll both have type advantage over you.

I thought they were going to do this last gen, but guess what? Two pure types and a Fire/Fighting again. I wouldn't count on it.
#19GATTJT(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 1:38:56 PM
It means that if you pick the Grass starter, your rival can pick Fire and the opposite gender trainer can pick Water and they'll both have type advantage over you.

Yeah? It would be the same for your Pokemon as well, being able to beat the Water with Grass and the Fire with Dark.
---
#20Moogle_trainerPosted 1/8/2013 1:42:11 PM
People said the same thing when Tepig used Assurance and Oshawott used Reversal. Just wait till the game comes out until then it's pure speculation