This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hello everybody

#1CherryEgoPosted 1/8/2013 1:25:47 PM
I just wanted to say that in days following the release of Black/White, some people discovered all of the fire started Pokemon have been animals from the Chinese Zodiak. These people were stupid and wrong, because they claimed Cyndaquil to be a mouse, which he clearly isn't. Some believers of this myth even claimed it was proof that Pokemon would have 12 generations.

Now, those of you who spent time propagating this foolish fable, tell me. Where is the fox on the Zodiak? Oh that's right, there isn't one. Thank you for your time.
---
Any tree can drop an apple, I'll drop the freaking moon.
Liking something from your childhood makes you stupid-Nostalgia haters everywhere
#2MugilokoPosted 1/8/2013 1:26:48 PM
lul
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725. "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/VcOip.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon X board
#3mondrae205Posted 1/8/2013 1:26:58 PM
I want a refund on my time. GIVE IT BACK!!!
---
Congratulations, random chance is random and based on chance -Naucitos
#4MovesLikeJabbaPosted 1/8/2013 1:28:04 PM
CherryEgo posted...
I just wanted to say that in days following the release of Black/White, some people discovered all of the fire started Pokemon have been animals from the Chinese Zodiak. These people were stupid and wrong, because they claimed Cyndaquil to be a mouse, which he clearly isn't. Some believers of this myth even claimed it was proof that Pokemon would have 12 generations.

Now, those of you who spent time propagating this foolish fable, tell me. Where is the fox on the Zodiak? Oh that's right, there isn't one. Thank you for your time.

I agree with this, except in the Pokedex Cyndaquil is referred to as the Fire Mouse Pokemon :/
---
in the name of MAD, you gots to move like Jabba!
Official Flareon of the Eevee corps *wags tail* Official Shiny Fennekin of the Pokemon X & Y boards.
#5CherryEgo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 1:30:35 PM
MovesLikeJabba posted...
CherryEgo posted...

I agree with this, except in the Pokedex Cyndaquil is referred to as the Fire Mouse Pokemon :/

True, but the Pokedex calls everything a mouse it seems. I mean, Pikachu is obviously a squirrel. Look at that tail. Clearly, ol' Dexter has never seen a hedgehog before.
---
Liking something from your childhood makes you stupid-Nostalgia haters everywhere
#6SolarStriderPosted 1/8/2013 1:32:18 PM
I still believe to this day that Cyndaquil is an echidna. Not sure why though.
---
SonOfJrAK
#7Earth_EchidnaPosted 1/8/2013 1:32:23 PM
MovesLikeJabba posted...
CherryEgo posted...

And despite this, the 'mouse' in the Zodiac is actually a rat- two different creatures altogether, having owned a rat and compared it to mice.

Not only this, but people also claimed that all Grass starters would be reptilian. Enter Chespin- a very obviously mammal-like Pokemon.
---
Pokemon SoulSilver FC: 1335 1407 6427
When Life gives you lemons, throw them back and demand cookies instead! -Official Sandslash of the PMD3 boards
#8MerenwenragoPosted 1/8/2013 1:34:24 PM
CherryEgo posted...

It can be loosely called a Dog to fit the chinese zodiac
---
Diamond: 0001 1116 6407 (Current) PBR: 3780 6842 7165 Pokemon Black 2: 0433 6174 3193
http://merenwenrago.webs.com/events-legit-checked
#9PT_PiranhaPosted 1/8/2013 1:35:54 PM
Wow you're really digging into people who liked that theory. They assault your house or something?
---
OH. BANANA.
<Last remaining Mario fan>
#10CherryEgo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 1:41:00 PM
Merenwenrago posted...
CherryEgo posted...

It can be loosely called a Dog to fit the chinese zodiac

By that logic, none of the starters are Zodiak animals. Charmander isn't a dragon, he's loosely a lizard. Cyndaquil is already a hedgehog, Torchic is loosely an eagle, not a chicken. I don't even remember the 4th gen starter's name, but he's clearly an ape and not a monkey. And Tepig is more of a boar than a pig.

Yes. I am determined to quash this idea.
---