This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is anybody else a little iffy on the 3D models?

#1ZLuxray626Posted 1/8/2013 1:29:39 PM
Granted the pokemon fight sequences are really cool, but the 3D world could either be really cool or really bad I suppose.

I don't know maybe I'm just nostalgic for the 2D I'm used (although thats weird to say since Black and White 2 are still 2Dish).

Also, I really hope we can customize our characters because these two have got to be the dorkiest trainers we've had the mispleasure of playing as. Not to mention the fact that the male greatly resembles Black and White's trainer.
#2KogaSteelfangPosted 1/8/2013 1:30:44 PM
I'm not a fan, but I'll wait till I play the game to decide if it hinders anything.
---
3ds FC: 0817-3909-5696. PSN Grindpantera.
If you add me, please send a PM with your code.
#3CoolFangsPosted 1/8/2013 1:31:21 PM
I thought the way the character was running looked completely stupid.
---
Currently playing: LoZ: Twilight Princess, CoD: Black Ops 2, Pokemon Black 2, Assassin's Creed, The Walking Dead
Coming up: Assassin's Creed 2
#4superbaboonmanXPosted 1/8/2013 1:32:32 PM
yep that's what i'm hoping too i made a topic about it just prepare for a lot of people who are stuck in the past and can't accept a change that could only benefit the games. The main characters in the trailer look super lame i agree
---
PS3= noooooo g3amesss
Arisen>dragonborn
#5Sir WillPosted 1/8/2013 1:32:57 PM
The overworld looked odd, but then I think gen 5 already looks kind of odd. Battles looked cool though.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#6Robot_SoopaPosted 1/8/2013 1:33:34 PM
I'll always prefer sprites because they're handmade and more personal. There's no charm to a 3D model.

But cel-shading was the next best step they could take.

Because of the ease of 3D modeling we're also likely going to get a lot more content and get it quicker.
#7NarutoPosted 1/8/2013 1:33:35 PM
I think the field exploration is going to be exactly like BW and BW2, the environments were already polygons.
#8Frost_LASERPosted 1/8/2013 1:34:31 PM
I was hoping for more of a Tales of game look, but this is their first one so ill cut them some slack.
#9ZLuxray626(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 1:34:47 PM
I'm also not sure how I like the fact that the Eiffel tower is in the game. I'm not sure that's supposed to be Eiffel, nor do I have anything against France, I just like the otherworldly quality that the games typically have.

And I honestly think the characters bother me more than the 3D aspect of it. They would look stupid in 2D too.
#10PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 1/8/2013 1:35:34 PM
Yeah, those 3d models are nothing compared to the old green and black gameboy graphics.

Seriously people will complain about anything now won't they?

The graphics look apprpriate for a childrens game. We play a childrens game with gimmicky cartoon graphics. I got over it forever ago.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.