This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Omg.... If this is on 3ds... do you realize what this means?

#61Bushido20Posted 1/10/2013 4:12:45 PM
Exactly my point. I shouldn't have to buy extra games and spend more time beating them to play poke's that are in the game's programing already. It's not right. And even the event poke's are getting annoying. If you miss the event your S.O.L? You have to wait until gamefreak/nintendo feel like re-releasing that poke again? Screw that!

The fact is gamefreak enables/encourages hacking of this game because of how many hoops you have to jump through to get the desired poke. I mean think about it, If your a competitve player you have to wait for the right nature, the best possible IVs, (and if the poke is a 5% chance of encounter it's even worse) invest the EV's, and obtain the moveset. And alot of that involves breeding that can take a while too. It's nuts.

Getting rid of IVs will help alot. With the new muscle the 3DS brings to the table there is no excuse for not having ALL poke's available inside the game. NO excuse other than gamefreak getting greedy and wanting you to buy more crap and spend more of your valuable time doing redundant grinding. I say make them unlockable via battle tower or player points or something.

There is a reason this game has been hacked so many times guys.
---
heads we call it rhode island, tails cackapoopoopeepeeshire
#62Solar_CrimsonPosted 1/10/2013 7:54:06 PM
This game needs to be able to be hacked.

Uhh... No it doesn't.

The 3DS will get hacked eventually, but that does not mean that it needs to be.
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#63aryanbrarPosted 1/10/2013 7:59:08 PM
with launch off 3ds save dongles, all you need a is pokemon x/y save file editor. pokesavs edit save file, you can change everything.

money, name,tms berries, put any pokemon in the party or pc and etc.

so no this game won't be hack free
#64overmaxxPosted 1/10/2013 8:05:57 PM
There is no such thing as ending hacking in Pokemon.
As long as the community is this rotten, they will find a way.

Honestly, it makes me feel embarassed to be a part of the fanbase when it is the most apologetic bunch of people I have ever seen. "Oh, hacking is okay, we are just saving time, you suck because you waste your time lolololol".
Just makes me want to vomit, no other community is like this, hacking is frowned upon in EVERY SINGLE other multiplayer game.
#65overmaxxPosted 1/10/2013 8:07:40 PM
Bushido20 posted...
Exactly my point. I shouldn't have to buy extra games and spend more time beating them to play poke's that are in the game's programing already. It's not right. And even the event poke's are getting annoying. If you miss the event your S.O.L? You have to wait until gamefreak/nintendo feel like re-releasing that poke again? Screw that!

The fact is gamefreak enables/encourages hacking of this game because of how many hoops you have to jump through to get the desired poke. I mean think about it, If your a competitve player you have to wait for the right nature, the best possible IVs, (and if the poke is a 5% chance of encounter it's even worse) invest the EV's, and obtain the moveset. And alot of that involves breeding that can take a while too. It's nuts.

Getting rid of IVs will help alot. With the new muscle the 3DS brings to the table there is no excuse for not having ALL poke's available inside the game. NO excuse other than gamefreak getting greedy and wanting you to buy more crap and spend more of your valuable time doing redundant grinding. I say make them unlockable via battle tower or player points or something.

There is a reason this game has been hacked so many times guys.

True, Game Freak complicated things too much.
But you think this will stop most hackers? It won't, not even if they make it completely fair, the bulk of hackers won't stop. They never will.
#66sabeta_samaPosted 1/10/2013 8:13:28 PM
overmaxx posted...

Honestly, it makes me feel embarassed to be a part of the fanbase when it is the most apologetic bunch of people I have ever seen. "Oh, hacking is okay, we are just saving time, you suck because you waste your time lolololol".
Just makes me want to vomit, no other community is like this, hacking is frowned upon in EVERY SINGLE other multiplayer game.

Not really. Most multiplayer games don't care if you hack. Even in Digimon nobody cared if you Maxed stats and resists, since those stats could be achieved in game anyways. Fighting games don't care if you use a cheat code to unlock all the characters. And I've yet to see someone complain about hacking in extra items for your characters, with the exception being unreleased items.

It's simply a shortcut. Hate all you want, but we live in an age of convenience. Put your big boy/girl pants on and suck it up, if you don't like hacking don't do it, but the people who do aren't hurting anything (unless they create something illegal. If they create something illegal, then they are the scum of the earth)
---
Official Gardevoir of the Pokemon X Message Boards
#67spadeguyPosted 1/10/2013 8:27:27 PM
Basically, hacking is the choice of those who got spoiled by hacks. It isn't encouraged at all in most FPS communities. I really do hope there's a "flag trainer" option. Then that trainer will be banned from playing online for like a week if they get flagged enough.
---
3DS FC: 1633-4227-0046 GT: AaronTheFair
One Piece is awesome!!
#68ClassyOldHatPosted 1/10/2013 9:26:17 PM
overmaxx posted...

Ever other multiplayer game doesn't randomly make some players have worse stats then others in ways that can never be fixed without cheating. And no multiplayer game I know of arbitrarily restricts you from getting certain (gameplay affecting) items (barring stuff like santa hats for playing at Christmas time, which don't change the game) just because you don't live in a certain country or attend certain events.

The main reason hacking is tolerated much more in this game than most others is because Game Freak has a very poor grasp of balanced multiplayer games.
#69overmaxxPosted 1/10/2013 9:29:49 PM
ClassyOldHat posted...
overmaxx posted...

Ever other multiplayer game doesn't randomly make some players have worse stats then others in ways that can never be fixed without cheating. And no multiplayer game I know of arbitrarily restricts you from getting certain (gameplay affecting) items (barring stuff like santa hats for playing at Christmas time, which don't change the game) just because you don't live in a certain country or attend certain events.

The main reason hacking is tolerated much more in this game than most others is because Game Freak has a very poor grasp of balanced multiplayer games.

I sympathize with the feeling, but hacking is not the proper answer, it damages the multiplayer environment greatly.
Apologists like to pretend Pokemon is two different games, "ingame" and "competitive", these things existing in separate vacuums. But this is not what Pokemon was, and it isn't now. It's an RPG based on effort/reward, where you train Pokemon and trade/battle with your friends (or strangers).

That's not even getting into how unfair it is. Hacking only makes things "fair" if literally everyone hacks. People who don't hack are at a disadvantage.
Plus, can't you see how the trading scene died over the years after Pokesav entered the scene? It's affecting everything.
#70tsunamisurfer08Posted 1/10/2013 9:34:24 PM
Is there seriously like seven copies of the exact same topic on the front page?
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.