This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will Gen 6 revive competitive Pokemon?

#1MirageMew2Posted 1/8/2013 1:45:37 PM
I don't think competitive Pokemon is as popular as it was back when D/P was released in 2006. Nowadays people tend to stay on online simulators for competitive battling. Do you think X/Y will revive competitive Pokemon (as in physical, 3DS to 3DS battling, not sims)?

Also, since the 3DS hasn't been hacked, if competitive Pokemon were to rise, people would have to manually EV train and breed again. I know I personally abandoned that for superior PokeSav/PokeGen methods along the way, but I doubt that'll be an option by the time these come out.

Overall, I'm just hoping for an amazing metagame with these new games, so I'm crossing my fingers for the best.

Side question: What's the better legendary (by looks) in ya'll opinions? The Y legendary is way better looking than that moose thing, imo.
---
"My father put me in P.O.R.N. when I was young. P.O.R.N., you know, Parents Offering Recreation and Nutrition?"
NNID: Dope _ Kharisma
#2peachlocust7Posted 1/8/2013 1:49:32 PM
If the IV system gets improved and awesome pokemon get released, a lot will change. New moves will always change stuff.
---
Official Flygon of the Pokemon X boards,
FROAKIE MASTER RACE
#3MirageMew2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 1:56:10 PM
Bump
---
"My father put me in P.O.R.N. when I was young. P.O.R.N., you know, Parents Offering Recreation and Nutrition?"
#4Catcher_FreemanPosted 1/8/2013 1:56:48 PM
Competitive Pokemon never "died", nor did it ever lose popularity.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8Ri7C.jpg - Viridi is best goddess.
#5mondrae205Posted 1/8/2013 1:57:40 PM
If it has auto leveling which gen 5 did not have then it would help the cause
---
Congratulations, random chance is random and based on chance -Naucitos
#6MirageMew2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 2:06:48 PM
Catcher_Freeman posted...
Competitive Pokemon never "died", nor did it ever lose popularity.

Communities have definitely died, and most of competitive battling takes place on Sims.
---
#7TableFlipPosted 1/8/2013 2:08:54 PM
If IVs die out,then competitive battling will still be alive.

Or they can make their own sprites for the sims.
---
I don't even know anymore.
#8D_BartPosted 1/8/2013 2:12:35 PM
- Auto levelling
- Revamp/discard the IV system.
---
Splash