This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gen 5 was overhyped and slightly disappointing

#11FuneralCakePosted 1/8/2013 5:02:17 PM
Pretztailfan95 posted...
Are you sure people aren't just loving the ones they grew up with?

That probably has a lot to do with it, yeah.

And what do you mean rightly deserved? What was so bad about it?

I thought they were poorly designed games. They introduced a lot of cool things, but playing through the games was a chore.
---
SERIOUSLY NOT HOME ROWED
want some funeral to go with that cake?
#12LenneValkirye(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 5:03:38 PM
It has nothing to do with the cycle.
Plenty of people, myself included, expressed their dislike for BW long before X and Y were announced.
#13BeanBeanKingdomPosted 1/8/2013 5:30:43 PM
SlimeStack posted...
keybladesrus posted...
I'm not too familiar with the cylce. Can Gen 3 be liked yet? I love it, but it gets a lot of hate...

lol, I was going to make a pass at how the fanbase bases their favourite and most hated games on how old they are. But then I realised that I currently hate gen 3 but I potentially end up liking it by the time this game comes out since VizMedia are releasing the Ruby & Sapphire Pokémon Adventures manga this year. GameFreak may have failed to get me to like Hoenn, but I might have a hard time resisting Kusaka's charms...

Dunno if you've already read it, but Ruby and Sapphire is the best arc in the manga. Only Black and White is looking like it may surpass it, we'll know once it's over in a few months.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#14LightningAce11Posted 1/8/2013 5:31:44 PM
Your mother was overhyped and slightly disappointing.
---
Official Eelektross of the Pokemon B/W 2 Message Boards