This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

First Impressions, Meta289 style

#1Meta289Posted 1/8/2013 5:30:07 PM
A bit late to the party, but here goes.

Pokemon X and Y versions
Did not see these names coming. I don't think anyone did. And we can already figure out what the possible 3rd version will be called. Pokemon W, of course. Anyway the titles get the Meta289 Seal of Approval.

Starters
When I first saw them, I was neutral. I didn't like them, nor did I dislike them. But after taking another look, I actually like how they look.

Chespin- I'll be perfectly honest. I have no idea what this thing is supposed to be. It's either some sort of obscure rodent or lagomorph that I've never heard of, or it's something really obvious, and I'm just an idiot. My sister pointed out that it looks like someone painted Oshawott brown, and made it wear a green hoodie. Anyway, it's the first non-reptilian Grass starter, and Gamefreak did well.

Fennekin- A Fire type fox isn't exactly original, but it's still cool, since Fennec Foxes are cool. It also doesn't look like it will be a Fire/Fighting type, unless Gamefreak really manages to screw up its design, which I wouldn't put it past them to do that. At least they're making Fire starters that I actually like.

Froakie- AKA Intellectual Globox. It's a frog that wears a jabot and glasses. That is just ****ing fantastic. Seriously.

Of course, I still have to see their final evolutions before I can pass my final judgment, but for now, they all get the Meta289 Seal of Approval.

Legendaries
We haven't seen much of them, but we have a deer and a somewhat scary looking bird. Meta289 Seal of Approval.

3D
I personally prefer the look of 2D sprites, since there are just things that look great in 2D that don't transition well into 3D. My main worry about the 3D graphics is that, if the console games have taught us anything, it's that 3D battles = slower battles. The trailer made battles seem fast-paced, though, so maybe I'm worrying over nothing. Meta289 Seal of Indifference.

Anyway, I'm totally pumped for this game, and October can't come soon enough.

Also, I'm going to take note on people's reactions as new Pokemon are revealed, in order to test my theory of the Pokemon Cycle.
---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
The Pokemon Cycle. Don't deny its existence.
#2pikachupwnagePosted 1/8/2013 5:34:02 PM
Froakie master race!

All hail ben Franklin!
---
Pokemon generation six! All abroad the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png
#3Hirokey123Posted 1/8/2013 5:34:14 PM
Chespin=Chestnut Pin it refers to be it being grass type with the seed form and pin as in the kind of spines porcupines and hedgehogs have. Given how name dissection has been going it seems highly likely this is hedgehog otherwise it's a porcupine.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me