This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will you still pick your starter even if your starter's final evo looks ugly?

#11XashowdPosted 1/8/2013 5:52:12 PM
I don't think Fennekin has to worry about that. It's a Fire Fox. Kinda hard to **** that up unless the final form is drawn by 5-year olds. Fennekin will have an epic Final Form and a decent second form. I'm pretty sure about that.
---
I am MnK Xashowd. Official Darkrai of the Pokemon X/Y Boards.
3DS FC: 3695-0746-1582. Xashowd. PM me if you add me.
#12reaverzPosted 1/8/2013 5:53:08 PM
I don't think most people will. I remember how everyone started reconsidering once the final forms of the Gen 5 starters were shown (this especially affected Tepig).
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#13MetaFalconPunchPosted 1/8/2013 5:53:50 PM
Xashowd posted...
I don't think Fennekin has to worry about that. It's a Fire Fox. Kinda hard to **** that up unless the final form is drawn by 5-year olds. Fennekin will have an epic Final Form and a decent second form. I'm pretty sure about that.

I'm sure TONS of people are probably going to do this, but I think I want to name it Mozilla.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead. Official Jolteon of the Eevee Corps.
Kraid: (steps on you)
#14summerclawPosted 1/8/2013 5:54:34 PM
Meta289 posted...
summerclaw posted...
No. I'll never be suffering a Meganium situation again.

How dare you.

It sucks both in looks and usefulness.

Also the fact that the 3DS can't get hacked and there's a simultaneous release. It means that...

We will actually play the game as *gulp* intended.
---
In every loss, in every lie, in every truth that you'd deny
And each regret and each goodbye was a mistake too great to hide.
#15Zarren364Posted 1/8/2013 5:55:06 PM
The one thing that I like about the international release is that how spoiled we'll be will be controlled by a lot more than just your own actions.
---
GLAD GANG l SSS l No.XII l OPBW2C-Wargle I R - Zarren
I am the Anti-troll. Your poll needs a bacon option.
#16HemerukioPosted 1/8/2013 5:55:31 PM(edited)
If there's no leak or spoiler, I guarantee you someone, SOMEONE, will achieve the final form within 3 - 4 hours of the game's release for at least one of the starters and reveal it.
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/2vxnibk.png
#17FlaminSnowstormPosted 1/8/2013 5:55:27 PM
I would, it doesn't make a difference to me since I rarely evolve my starters. I doubt I'll ever evolve my level 56 Tepig...I just don't like the way Emboar looks.
---
Join the dark side.......we have cookies =3
#18ArethaiPosted 1/8/2013 5:55:43 PM
Worst case scenario I pick Froakie and box him. Not like starters are mandatory or anything!
#19ybro845Posted 1/8/2013 5:59:10 PM
Eviolite. Besides, I doubt I'll dislike the final forms since there are very few pokemon I actually dislike or hate.
---
Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen.
#20wurmtokenPosted 1/8/2013 6:02:38 PM
I tend to pick starters based on how many of their forms I like so it would definitely affect my decision. Although I'm hoping to avoid seeing the starter evos this time around.
One of my favorite memories is seeing Treecko evolve into Grovyle while playing an imported copy a friend of my sister had.