This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why it's likely Ruby and Sapphire remakes will be made this generation.

#1MizzDiamondzPosted 1/8/2013 4:52:40 PM
A lot of people were disappointed that R/S/E were not remade in Gen V. It was expected because FR/LG was made in Gen III, and HG/SS in Gen IV, leading many people to believe that this pattern would be repeated.

However, there are a couple of patterns that people are overlooking.

First of all, the remakes have always been after the main games release, and have been on the same platform as the main games in their respective generations.

Second, the remakes are released on every other console after their respective original.

Example: Pokemon R/G/B/Y on GB -------> Skip GBC ------->Remakes on GBA

Pokemon G/S/C on GBC -------> Skip GBA --------> Remakes on DS

If we follow this rule in accordance with R/S/E:

Pokemon R/S/E on GBA --------> Skip DS ---------> Remakes on 3DS???

X/Y must come first as it is the main game in the Generation, and the first Pokemon game on a console is never (thus far) a remake.
---
3DS FC: 1032-1217-0154 Name: Chloe
PM me if you added me ^.^
#2NotChris_HansenPosted 1/8/2013 4:53:50 PM
Stop looking for patterns. There are no ****ing patterns. And even if there were, they could be abandoned at any time.
#3TherianReturnsPosted 1/8/2013 4:53:57 PM
lol screw that
---
Well there are girls on this board too. -Windyligth
#4FuneralCakePosted 1/8/2013 4:55:13 PM
"Okay, so, these patterns didn't work, so let's come up with some new ones to try to prove our point!"
---
SERIOUSLY NOT HOME ROWED
want some funeral to go with that cake?
#5SakurafanboyPosted 1/8/2013 4:55:30 PM
I've been thinking its 1 pair of remakes per handheld myself. Would make sense and not feel like we're having remakes spammed at us. Do I think D/P will be remade then on 3DS' successor? Maybe, I won't shut out the possibility. If there's enough demand for it and sales of R/S remakes are strong like I expect them to be, I wouldn't doubt D/P remakes on 3DS' successor.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#6Soanevalcke6Posted 1/8/2013 4:57:09 PM
I have always assumed it just skipped one console generation, that's why it wasn't surprising when RSE Remakes didnt happen Gen V.

Besides, GBA to DS is barely any change/ALmost makes it look uglier, so Im glad they didnt do them yet.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#7Haku125Posted 1/8/2013 4:57:19 PM
Typical, we just get a new generation of pokemon announced along with a new way to play and YET you are still asking for more.

SMH what a greedy fanbase.
---
Superbot: Oh you want us to nerf Sackboy? Here why don't we break the game for you!
#8mondrae205Posted 1/8/2013 4:58:32 PM
Haku125 posted...
Typical, we just get a new generation of pokemon announced along with a new way to play and YET you are still asking for more.

SMH what a greedy fanbase.

true dat
---
Congratulations, random chance is random and based on chance -Naucitos
#9MizzDiamondz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 4:59:04 PM
I'm not even bothered about R/S, just it's pretty obvious that it'll be released this generation.
---
3DS FC: 1032-1217-0154 Name: Chloe
PM me if you added me ^.^
#10reaverzPosted 1/8/2013 4:59:26 PM
If XY cuts off compatibility with previous gens, then remakes will be pretty much a given, and RS would probably come first.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]