This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looks like Pokemon aren't going to follow behind again

#1Robot_SoopaPosted 1/8/2013 6:18:04 PM
Now I'm inb4'ing all the people who are going to rage at how pointless of a feature it is to get upset over.

But it was still neat and made the bond with the Pokemon stronger. Disappointing that they would tease us with it in one game and not bring it back.
#2FuneralCakePosted 1/8/2013 6:18:46 PM
Because we can tell this feature isn't in the game from one minute of game footage.
---
SERIOUSLY NOT HOME ROWED
want some funeral to go with that cake?
#3KAMMYqueenPosted 1/8/2013 6:19:21 PM
i liked that it would be nice for it to come back.
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#4Brandon042487Posted 1/8/2013 6:19:31 PM
Meh I'm indifferent.
---
B**** don't make me HM01 you!
#5PuddingBoyPosted 1/8/2013 6:20:04 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/65130207\

Its like you didn't even look at the board...
---
GameFAQs Moderators Mission: Anything witty or intelligent is moddable, encourage the idiots
#6Robot_Soopa(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 6:21:45 PM
PuddingBoy posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/65130207\

Its like you didn't even look at the board...

Board moves fast. Like there isn't a hundred other pointless repetitive topics already.
#7sacksquatchPosted 1/8/2013 6:23:07 PM
Add this one to the pile
---
Windows de esta reanudando
#8PuddingBoyPosted 1/8/2013 6:26:29 PM
sacksquatch posted...
Add this one to the pile

---
GameFAQs Moderators Mission: Anything witty or intelligent is moddable, encourage the idiots
#9mjc0961Posted 1/8/2013 6:42:37 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
But it was still neat and made the bond with the Pokemon stronger.

It wasn't need and it didn't make any bond stronger. It just follows you around, big deal. There's no bond to be had because they executed it poorly. You just talk to it and get some text that it's bored or whatever. Maybe it had an item. No bond there. The reason it worked in Yellow and failed miserably in HGSS is because they focused on just one Pokemon and actually had all those different reactions. Seeing sad Pikachu when he's poisoned and listening to his sad cry actually starts to form something like a bond. Seeing a generic sad face icon above a sprite's head followed by the text "blahblah is poisoned" is not a bond at all. It's just telling you something you already knew.

And yeah, it is a pointless feature and it's better that they not have it at all if the alternative is something as poorly executed as HGSS's version. If they focused on just a few and did the Yellow thing again, then it would be good, but if it's just going to be an extra sprite following you all the damn time, they shouldn't (and thankfully, won't) bother.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#10Dark_EinherjarPosted 1/8/2013 6:47:43 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
Now I'm inb4'ing all the people who are going to rage at how pointless of a feature it is to get upset over.

Well, to be fair, I realized yesterday that there's actually a point in having the Pokémon follow the player: when a Pokémon is following he player, the game skips the Poké Ball throwing animation at the beginning of the battle and the Pokémon is sent right away. This saves some precious seconds that can make quite a difference in the long run.
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black