This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nintenrant

#21fantasticvoyegr(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 7:02:20 PM
Wow, nice to see some real discussion going on here.

*rolls eyes*
---
How can you shoot grunts or jackals?
Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Ain't war hell?
#22DragonDeoxysPosted 1/8/2013 7:23:33 PM
fantasticvoyegr posted...

*rolls eyes*

Oh, you expected that people would take you seriously when you are clearly drowning in a glass of water over a minute-long trailer?
---
Black FC: 4126 5167 3147
#23Rurouni720Posted 1/8/2013 7:25:22 PM
FROAKlE posted...
pikachupwnage posted...
Soanevalcke6 posted...
New starter designs are atrocious

Stopped reading there.

Don't disrespect Froakie ever again.
#24Nidhogg151Posted 1/8/2013 7:28:11 PM

*rolls eyes*

Well, to be fair your argument about the starter designs is the same argument that's been made since gen II. So people are tired of hearing it.

As for the rest, the key difference is that the main series of Pokemon games have always been (and still are) exclusive to portables. While all your other examples have been console games. They evolved with the consoles, and Pokemon has evolved with handhelds. It's only now that we have had a system truly powerful enough to grasp the immense world that is Pokemon in 3D. The DS was capable of it to an extent, but I don't think it would have been as good. Personally I think they made the right call here.

Now, a [art of me does wish they would move Pokemon to console. I fully believe that that they could make a Skyrim level Pokemon game (as in size of the world) for the Wii U that would probably become one of the greatest games ever to be created (assuming the overall mechanics didn't stray far from the handheld games). But I understand that for now, this is still a handheld franchise, and am perfectly content with that.
---
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576