This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

With the way DLC is handled these days (Event Pokemon)

#1RATTfink138Posted 1/8/2013 6:55:06 PM
Granted, i am NOT a fan of paid DLC (Capcom...) but it seems like the trend is growing and is becoming an inevitable possibility with franchises that deal with online. Of course free would be perfect with no time limits, but what if this were the price for not missing out on events?
#2RATTfink138(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 6:56:55 PM
Crap...was supposed to be a poll, but would you rather have it: the way it is now? free but timed or paid DLC, but the events are always accessible and dont go down once active?
#3bd43Posted 1/8/2013 6:57:45 PM
Chances are, dlc could be done paid with an in game boat and islands.

They could make the island and use a poke legendary as purchase bait.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#4erekwashere15Posted 1/8/2013 6:59:41 PM
I'd be willing to pay for DLC for these games, under a condition of course: I don't have to buy it more than once to use it with both versions (in the case it's something like a special cave to unlock a past Legend)
---
Winner of ares9090's Slaking Award
Official Scrafty and Barry of the B/W 2 Boards
#5FuneralCakePosted 1/8/2013 7:00:39 PM
Quite honestly, I would rather pay a dollar to download a Pokemon and be able to use it as many times as I want instead of having a limited-time free release.

Of course, being able to download it for free and with no time limit is even better.
---
SERIOUSLY NOT HOME ROWED
want some funeral to go with that cake?
#6RATTfink138(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 7:02:42 PM
Granted this is all hypothetical, but for the sake of argument let's say DLC stays tied to the game or system despite starting the game over. That way no money is ever wasted
#7Skull_proPosted 1/8/2013 7:03:30 PM
Something likr 3$ to dowload an event that will be accessible anytime? Id prefer that over missable evvent. That would also prevent you from losing your event should you choose to erase your own game.
---
Pokemon X/Y are going to blow my mind. They already are.
Official Roserade of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#8P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 1/8/2013 7:04:06 PM
bd43 posted...
Chances are, dlc could be done paid with an in game boat and islands.

They could make the island and use a poke legendary as purchase bait.

I would be ok with this
---
Official Lugia of the Pokemon BW2 Boards
#9omniryuPosted 1/8/2013 7:05:15 PM
RATTfink138 posted...
Granted this is all hypothetical, but for the sake of argument let's say DLC stays tied to the game or system despite starting the game over. That way no money is ever wasted

Umm, why would they make you pay for something you never paid for before?
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#10bd43Posted 1/8/2013 7:07:34 PM
RATTfink138 posted...

So basically, the standard for Adventure games.

Having said that, and my other piece, I think we could still see events too. DLC would take priority, of course, but hey.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.