This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon Z could connect this new region to Hoenn that way....

#1DarthLaharlPosted 1/8/2013 8:55:30 PM
We'll get the definitive third entry in GEN 6 AND a revised Hoenn region. The player can start from either region into the other. Everybody wins.

It will also allow us to have either a remake of the originals OR an entirely new GEN 7 by the time the 20th anniversary comes around.

Thoughts?
---
---
PSN: Unretributed
#2nro87Posted 1/8/2013 8:56:32 PM
None of that makes any sense. What does Z have to do with Gen 3? Nothing, that's what.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
#3DarthLaharl(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 8:59:27 PM
nro87 posted...
None of that makes any sense. What does Z have to do with Gen 3? Nothing, that's what.

Really? You couldn't figure out that I was implying that the regions could directly neighboring each other for all we know? I'm so disappointed with the deduction skill levels of GameFAQs users.
---
---
#4nro87Posted 1/8/2013 9:03:20 PM
First off, nothing you said has anything to do with proximity. You simply said that they would need to use the third version to connect these games to Hoenn. If they are next to each other, why not make it like that with X and Y as well? Again, your post makes no sense.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure almost every Pokémon fan agrees that putting two regions in one game is a bad idea. Johto felt unfinished, and it's been 3 generations since R/S/E. If they were going to make any connection to Gen 3, it would have been done a long time ago.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
#5MegaMettaurPosted 1/8/2013 9:19:15 PM
Wasn't unova supposedly near hoenn? Hoenn influenced Unova pretty dramatically if I recall correctly. But in any case, I still don't think gen 3 needs a remake.
---
Now Playing (VITA): Ragnarok Oddysey, DJ Max Technika Tune (soon) PSN: Roksor.
Now Playing (PC): TalonRO
#6DarthLaharl(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 9:21:57 PM
nro87 posted...
First off, nothing you said has anything to do with proximity. You simply said that they would need to use the third version to connect these games to Hoenn. If they are next to each other, why not make it like that with X and Y as well? Again, your post makes no sense.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure almost every Pokémon fan agrees that putting two regions in one game is a bad idea. Johto felt unfinished, and it's been 3 generations since R/S/E. If they were going to make any connection to Gen 3, it would have been done a long time ago.

I love the way you know what "almost every Pokemon fan" wants. Is it really that hard for you to understand? There could be a number of reasons why X and Y wouldn't have Hoenn in them and Z would. Why? Because we don't know anything about these games and what events will transpire within them. There could be a dock being built in these games in order to develop a trade route between Hoenn and this region, by the time the third entry rolls around the dock will be complete allowing access to the Hoenn region and it's iconic Battle Frontier.

And that's just some random half-baked scenario off the top of my head. Anyone with a shread of creativity could come up with their own. What else about my original post is hard for you to understand? Oh and lol at Johto feeling "incomplete".
---
---
#7yoshirpgPosted 1/8/2013 9:29:48 PM
MegaMettaur posted...
Wasn't unova supposedly near hoenn? Hoenn influenced Unova pretty dramatically if I recall correctly. But in any case, I still don't think gen 3 needs a remake.

it's the opposite, unova is supposed to be as far away as possible from the other four regions.
---
Pokemon WHITE 2 FC: 4556-8603-2383 Name: Nate
Youtube website: http://www.youtube.com/user/scigamerfan07
#8ThatKippPosted 1/8/2013 9:32:17 PM
MegaMettaur posted...

it's the opposite, unova is supposed to be as far away as possible from the other four regions.

In addition, this likely holds true for the region in XY, as it appears to be based on Paris, which is very far away from any real-world location that has inspired the location for a main Pokemon game.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725