This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon Z evidence

#1torNATEoPosted 1/8/2013 8:01:43 PM
This has already been mentioned in several other threads, but I wanted to make one just for the discussion of the "third version."

And yes, in Gen VI I think it's about 95% certain that there will only be one third version instead of X2 and Y2.

Now several people have already noticed that X and Y correspond to the directional axis on a plane, with Z being the third, dimensional axis. This is also a nod to this being the first official 3D Pokemon game.

The one thing I haven't heard anyone mention before is that this theory can also be connected to the version legendaries for each game. Pokemon Y has some sort of aerial bird Pokemon, and the Y axis is for vertical movement, eg. flying. And the X version legendary is a terrestrial deer Pokemon, and the X axis is the horizontal plane, or in this case, land.

I'm sure I'm about to be shot down by half of this board, but I think there's already enough connections that are able to be drawn to confirm a release of Pokemon Z, with it's version legendary being some sort of interdimensional Pokemon to represent the Z axis.
---
I don't care if you hate every Pokemon Gen but the first one. Just don't get all up in my face about it and let me love all five.
#2ZackeCorvusPosted 1/8/2013 8:03:48 PM
Further support of a Pokemon Z(Pokemon itself, not the game) lies in the myth of Yggdrasil. More specifically a Dragon.
#3SF_BombPosted 1/8/2013 8:03:59 PM
What about X and Y chromosomes? I mean the logo has a double helix on it.

http://pokebeach.com/news/0113/pokemon-x-y-japanese.jpg
---
Black 2 FC: 1808 0000 3910
#4MegaMettaurPosted 1/8/2013 8:07:54 PM
I can't wait til game freak shuts all the wannabe "sherlock holmes" up.
---
Now Playing (VITA): Ragnarok Oddysey, DJ Max Technika Tune (soon) PSN: Roksor.
Now Playing (PC): TalonRO
#5swordsman126Posted 1/8/2013 8:11:46 PM
MegaMettaur posted...
I can't wait til game freak shuts all the wannabe "sherlock holmes" up.

It does make perfect sense, I agree with the OP completely. Not saying Trollfreak won't pull a fast one. But if you don't see the obvious connections to the 3D coordinate system you need to retake high school geometry.
---
Official Cobalion of the Pokemon X board
#6yoshirpgPosted 1/8/2013 8:13:00 PM
there can't be a pokemon z, since the z represents the third axis of the cartesian plane coordinates which means 3 dimensions and x and y are already 3d in both graphics and view. The third (if necessary) is probably going to be a genetic relationship with the X and Y chromosomes, so XX or XY (XX is female and XY is male).

A trend I'm noticing is that maybe there might not be a third version, this has already happened TWICE, there was no Gray Version nor Gray Version 2 and the genetic theory is also redundant since there was already been male and female pokemon since nidoran and then from generation 2 onwards.

Another trend I'm noticing (but it is more unlikely) is that there will be no more remakes. This might not be true since new revolutionized gameplay led to remakes for red/green and gold/silver.
---
Pokemon WHITE 2 FC: 4556-8603-2383 Name: Nate
Youtube website: http://www.youtube.com/user/scigamerfan07
#7JC152Posted 1/8/2013 8:16:07 PM
ZackeCorvus posted...
Further support of a Pokemon Z(Pokemon itself, not the game) lies in the myth of Yggdrasil. More specifically a Dragon.

Will we get Loptous? After all we have Dain.
#8KaizukezuPosted 1/8/2013 8:25:37 PM
Maybe it doesn't have to be Pokemon Z? Maybe it'll be Pokemon XY. They've already fused two different legendary Pokemon with a third legendary Pokemon in Pokemon B/W2. So... Why not fuse Legendary X with Legendary Y, and have Legendary XY be the main Pokemon for Pokemon XY?

Because if they're going with the whole "dna chromosome" thing and not coordinates, wouldn't Pokemon XY make more sense?
#9summerclawPosted 1/8/2013 8:30:27 PM
Not another dragon.
---
In every loss, in every lie, in every truth that you'd deny
And each regret and each goodbye was a mistake too great to hide.
#10EuluPosted 1/8/2013 8:30:30 PM
There was total reason for them to just make a Gray version too. Black, white. Next logical step is Gray, right?

Buuuut they didn't.

Logically, yeah, it would make sense for them to completely play on the 3D thing and make a Pokemon Z, but while it's a nice theory I think there's no point in placing so much certainty on the idea that they will. Obviously, Gamefreak isn't too worried about maintaining any patterns.
---
I will be the one to set your heart free true!
Q7;