This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What the online experience SHOULD be like

#11kylekillgannonPosted 1/9/2013 1:57:25 AM
Frankula posted...
The idea has nothing to do with the game itself or the fanbase, so your 2nd reason doesn't really make much sense.

It's mostly spite and derision why. Not rationale.
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.
#12Lost_Seraph09Posted 1/9/2013 2:00:39 AM
http://gematsu.com/2013/01/pokemon-x-and-y-to-boost-franchise-to-over-700-pokemon?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

-People around the world will be able to simultaneously experience “Real Play.”

-The game uses an innovative communication system that makes it feel as if you are playing with other players around the world.

I don't really know what those mean exactly but they sound promising :3
#13hardknock55Posted 1/9/2013 2:03:37 AM
One site mentioned something like this don't know if it was gamespot or ign, but in the video they show a girl following the trainer saying it could be an npc or another trainer via wifi in your game.
---
Dragons Dogma: Shadow(assassin) Pawn: Circe(Mage/Sorcerer)
#14Frankula(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 2:06:36 AM
Lost_Seraph09 posted...
http://gematsu.com/2013/01/pokemon-x-and-y-to-boost-franchise-to-over-700-pokemon?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

-People around the world will be able to simultaneously experience “Real Play.”

-The game uses an innovative communication system that makes it feel as if you are playing with other players around the world.

I don't really know what those mean exactly but they sound promising :3

This quote is what made me post this topic, however you left out an important line from your quote. The page reads:

People around the world will be able to simultaneously experience “Real Play.” (I’m assuming this is referring to the game’s global October release.)

Of course that is the author's personal interpretation. I'd really like to see Nintendo pull something like I described off, so let's just keep our fingers crossed!
---
Now i know why they call it salt, it's so di YUM
#15CamperFTWPosted 1/9/2013 2:08:50 AM
Topic says "What the online experience SHOULD be like" and the first sentence I see is:

"So I've been playing a lot of Dark Souls lately, and I think that Pokemon could learn a valuable lesson about how"....

I stopped right there. Anyone else share the same fate?
---
"Kaiouken x100 + Bankai Moe Moe Kyun Just As Planned No Jutsu!"... I won again.
~The Official Shiny Glaceon In The Pokemon BW2 Board~
#16Bloodmoon77Posted 1/9/2013 2:11:57 AM
Even though I hate Dark Souls and the fan base with a burning passion, this is a magnificent idea. It would definitely add some spice to the game and make each and every play through a bit different. I like it a lot, I'm glad you brought it up TC :).
---
http://i.imgur.com/NLLBk.png
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/sage_assassin20/13295184740391.gif
#17Izaya_sanPosted 1/9/2013 2:16:17 AM
I don't like it. I don't see it adding any spice in it. This is not satisfying TC :(
#18Frankula(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 2:22:33 AM
Bloodmoon77 posted...
Even though I hate Dark Souls and the fan base with a burning passion, this is a magnificent idea. It would definitely add some spice to the game and make each and every play through a bit different. I like it a lot, I'm glad you brought it up TC :).

Tee hee, you make me blush :3 Thanks for liking the idea!
---
#19Frankula(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 1:47:51 PM
hardknock55 posted...
One site mentioned something like this don't know if it was gamespot or ign, but in the video they show a girl following the trainer saying it could be an npc or another trainer via wifi in your game.

Yeah, i saw that. It was on one of those picture things where there was like 30 pictures and notes about each one. I forgot what site it was on too lol
---