This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which version in each gen did you get/play?

#191ChangliniPosted 1/9/2013 1:25:55 PM
-----------------------Red(?)------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------|------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------N/A----------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------|------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------Stadium(US)-------------------------------------------------
-------------------Leaf Green---Ruby---Emerald---Saphire--------------
-----------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------
---------------------------------------------Colosseum-------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------Pearl---Platinum--------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------
------------------------------------------------Pokemon Battle Revolution--
-----------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------Black---Black 2----
--------------------------------------------------------------------------???-------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------?---------

Well, that's it in terms of Pokemon games compatible with the main series.
---
The refurbish NER, oh how you've redeemed me.
Walker, you're here because you wanted to be something you're not, a hero ~Konrad
#192savagechild89Posted 1/9/2013 1:25:58 PM
aside from gen 4 and 5 i got each version...so it looks something like this

red/blue/yellow
silver/gold/crystal
ruby/sapphire/emerald
diamond
black/black 2

i played these the most though

blue/yellow
silver
ruby
diamond
black/black 2
---
PSN: Savagechild89
#193Maxx_the_SlashPosted 1/9/2013 1:37:57 PM
Gen I:
- Red: Traded in to help fund my purchase of Mega Man Xtreme
- Blue: One of my cousins game me his copy, and I gave it to another cousin years later.
- Yelow: Still own it

Gen II:
- Silver: Still own it
- Crystal: Still own it

Gen III:
- Sapphire: Still own it, but the internal battery died

Gen IV:
- Pearl: Still own it

Gen V:
- White: Still own it
- White 2: Still own it

I'm still undecided which version of Gen VI I should get. So far the Legendaries aren't helping me decide because i like both. Yveltal looks like yet another Legendary Bird, so Y loses points with me, but based on his color, red, he could possibly be a fire type, and Fire is my favorite of the three basic element types (fire, water, grass), so Y regains some points. I'll have to base my final decision on what lesser Pokemon each version has exclusively, which ones I think look cool.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
#194OldDirtyCRPosted 1/9/2013 1:40:03 PM
Blue
Silver
Sapphire
Leaf green
Pearl
Soul Silver
White

I always go with the "second" one. My brother goes with the "first" one in the pairing
#195XazealPosted 1/9/2013 1:42:27 PM
1: Blue, Yellow
2: Gold, Crystal
3: Ruby, Emerald, LeafGreen
4: Diamond, Platinum, HeartGold
5: White
6: X all the way
---
Official Mienshao of the Pokemon X Board
#196YveItaIPosted 1/9/2013 1:44:18 PM
I played and own all in each gen except Emerald
#197ArtosRCPosted 1/9/2013 1:48:38 PM
Red
Silver
Ruby
Diamond
White

It should be noted that I plopped down the cash for every variant (save Emerald and Platinum) up until this Black 2/White 2 bit. I've just not had the time to sit down and play them, so I've not gone out and bought them.
---
This is fact and cannot be disputed.
http://i48.tinypic.com/xkx5kw.gif
#198MetalmallowPosted 1/9/2013 1:50:32 PM
Gen I: Red, Blue, Yellow
Gen II: Gold, Crystal
Gen III: Emerald, FireRed
Gen IV: Pearl, Diamond, Platinum, HeartGold
Gen V: Black, White, White 2
#199Black HayatePosted 1/9/2013 1:52:20 PM
I think I played nearly every version at least once. My brother, cousins and friends got bored with their copies so they just sent them my way.
---
PSN: GDBNick "Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake we must not interrupt him too soon. " - Horatio Nelson
#200SpeedDaemonPosted 1/9/2013 1:55:30 PM
Red

Silver

Sapphire

Diamond
HeartGold

Black
Black 2

I usually get the "Red" version, except for Gen II and Gen III when my older brother called dibs on Gold and then again on Ruby. It bothers the crap out of me that I can't really call it a tradition to get the "Red" version now because of those two hiccups ten years ago...
---
Terry McAuliffe for Governor '14