This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

From what I've seen, it looks like these won't be god Pokemon games like gen 1.

#21KingTauros(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 1:28:34 AM
seth_sage12300 posted...
And if there was, true Pokemon fans wouldn't like having three different options like that.

You lost me there. Fans don't want options? My God.

Look at how many people hate Smogon's rules. They are an optional set of rules to play by, but many people don't want Smogon to exist at all.

BluntGrunt posted...
ITT: Being a true Pokefan means you're an ass and want the series to stagnate and die very fast instead of evolving into something bigger and better.

I most certainly am not an ass, though I do have one, and I am a true Pokemon fan. I don't want the series to stagnate, but I don't want terrible changes to it either. I liked Pokemon for what it was, not for what it is becoming.

Decon082 posted...
A true Pokemon fan would appreciate all games for their respective positive qualities and overall charm rather than simply declaring one game is the best and hating the newer games that change some aspects of the first.

A true "Proud American" would be proud of everything in their history. This includes things such as the slavery of black people, driving out the aboriginals, etc,. According to your logic of course.
#22reaverzPosted 1/9/2013 1:31:07 AM
KingTauros posted...
reaverz posted...
Does Chespin is ****?

Yes.

Who would you is?
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#23seth_sage12300Posted 1/9/2013 1:31:27 AM
KingTauros posted...
seth_sage12300 posted...
And if there was, true Pokemon fans wouldn't like having three different options like that.

You lost me there. Fans don't want options? My God.

Look at how many people hate Smogon's rules. They are an optional set of rules to play by, but many people don't want Smogon to exist at all.

BluntGrunt posted...
ITT: Being a true Pokefan means you're an ass and want the series to stagnate and die very fast instead of evolving into something bigger and better.

I most certainly am not an ass, though I do have one, and I am a true Pokemon fan. I don't want the series to stagnate, but I don't want terrible changes to it either. I liked Pokemon for what it was, not for what it is becoming.

Decon082 posted...
A true Pokemon fan would appreciate all games for their respective positive qualities and overall charm rather than simply declaring one game is the best and hating the newer games that change some aspects of the first.

A true "Proud American" would be proud of everything in their history. This includes things such as the slavery of black people, driving out the aboriginals, etc,. According to your logic of course.

Smogon is hated mostly because it is widely accepted as a ruleset. It limits options, because it's 'the way to go.' It doesn't prove your point.
---
Official member of the Omastar Club.
Official Gen 6 First Route Generic Bird of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#24NextGen_TBPosted 1/9/2013 1:32:08 AM
I guess we're getting political now. Too late for popcorn, I assume?
---
It's better than logic, it's Nintendo Logic!
"....I completely, utterly, most profusely DESPISE Lucas... Lucas will NEVER be cool." - silversunsspu
#25LandscapeManXPosted 1/9/2013 1:36:52 AM
obvious troll attempt.
otherwise sad *****.
---
Official Great Toad Sage of this board.
#26EbonMagicianPosted 1/9/2013 1:37:36 AM
how do I not have you on ignore, extreamlly obvious troll ;o
---
3DS FC: Lotaphi 1118-1539-9491 --- Vita PSN: Bernkestel Wii U: Bernkastel
message me if you add me. yes, there is a spelling difference between my psn and wiiu
#27seth_sage12300Posted 1/9/2013 1:38:18 AM
EbonMagician posted...
how do I not have you on ignore, extreamlly obvious troll ;o

Because you're bored and he's moderately amusing!
---
Official member of the Omastar Club.
Official Gen 6 First Route Generic Bird of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#28gamester_12345Posted 1/9/2013 1:45:51 AM
To be fair, the first Pokemon had to have basic designs, due to the spritework on the original gameboy, once they became more professional about conserving space and increasing sprite resolution, later Pokemon in GS was slightly more elaborate.

Basically for each generation/handheld passed, the resolution and detail went up, even simple things such as a Colour Palette made later Pokemon more funky, though as a consequence, Old Pokemon sorta sticks out like a sore thumb due to using Midi-esque noises with newer ones using weird sounding real noises.

It's not like they HAVE to update the appearance of older Pokemon so that they're potentially less clunky, though little things are fine though, like the Charmander line losing their back spikes between RBY and GS, even the anime didn't have them have back spikes which indicates that the Anime standardized their designs and that they're probably using Green's back sprites.
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2340
KoL: Plucky, currently a Accordion Thief
#29MileRunPosted 1/9/2013 1:52:27 AM
This topic gives me the warm fuzzies.
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate
#30evillockePosted 1/10/2013 4:37:39 PM

lol
---
Offical Breloom of all pokemon boards.
R.I.P Final fantasy: March 2003.