This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Using starters or dropping them for something else?

#1CamperFTWPosted 1/9/2013 1:22:12 AM(edited)
I'm using all three starters for the first play on X and probably using new pokemon on Y. Yup, I WILL buy 2 of these for the 3DS Games. Anyone else doing something similar? tututfutfut
---
"Kaiouken x100 + Bankai Moe Moe Kyun Just As Planned No Jutsu!"... I won again.
~The Official Shiny Glaceon In The Pokemon BW2 Board~
#2Decon082Posted 1/9/2013 1:17:10 AM
I was considering using all of the starters, but I was also thinking about trying not to spoil any of the new Pokemon's designs, and go through the game picking out the ones I want for my team as I go.
---
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X boards.
#3seth_sage12300Posted 1/9/2013 1:18:21 AM
I'm filling my party with all six grass starters, actually.
---
Official member of the Omastar Club.
Official Gen 6 First Route Generic Bird of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#4CamperFTW(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 1:19:20 AM
AH! That's right! I remember how I spoiled myself into looking at the new designs for 5th gen and thinking about how it would have been more fun if I saved the suprises for when I actually get the game. I made that a goal for this gen so I probably won't be here after the next update...
---
"Kaiouken x100 + Bankai Moe Moe Kyun Just As Planned No Jutsu!"... I won again.
~The Official Shiny Glaceon In The Pokemon BW2 Board~
#5superstud69xPosted 1/9/2013 1:20:02 AM
I'll just use the one starter (I am NOT gonna buy 2 3DS's for this game. . .), but he will be in my party the whole game.
---
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
#6MelcheesedekPosted 1/9/2013 1:20:16 AM
I always use the Water starter during my first playthrough. Luckily, Froakie seems pretty cool so I won't mind having to give up on any potentially awesome new Water types.
---
Did you bring "the thing"? From "the place"? -Scootaloo
#7UmuruPosted 1/9/2013 1:20:43 AM
I'll probably use the grass-chipmunk/hedgehog thing and whatever else catches my eye. The first playthrough always involves a Grass starter.
#8ChronoAcePosted 1/9/2013 1:23:08 AM
I always use my starter and whatever Pokemon I think look cool. The main story is not hard enough that you actually have to use good Pokemon.
#9IionIiarPosted 1/9/2013 1:27:43 AM
Do you still need two systems to be able to trade between cards?
---
http://i.imgur.com/FAoMm.png
#10Decon082Posted 1/9/2013 1:28:43 AM
IionIiar posted...
Do you still need two systems to be able to trade between cards?

Well there's always Wi-fi. I bet the trade boards will be filled with people looking to trade starters on release day.
---
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X boards.