This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Using starters or dropping them for something else?

#11The_Undying_84Posted 1/9/2013 1:49:16 AM
I kind of want to not know anything about it ahead of time, but I'll probably check the starters sub types at least. Mainly so I can boycott Fennekin is it turns into Fire/Fighting (which seems unlikely based on his design).
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#12IzayakuunPosted 1/9/2013 2:12:02 AM
As much as I'd like to play pokemon games blind, I always have to research them first (mainly for pokemon stats) so I don't end up with a crappy team. Yeah I know that anything works in-game, but still...
---
Signatures are overrated.
#13RX02BansheePosted 1/9/2013 2:22:31 AM
Izayakuun posted...
As much as I'd like to play pokemon games blind, I always have to research them first (mainly for pokemon stats) so I don't end up with a crappy team. Yeah I know that anything works in-game, but still...

Honestly people exagurate the "anything works ingame". It mostly can, but it's like playing in Final Fantasy XIII and constantly getting 0 stars every battle rather than five. You can win, but you sure as heck aren't playing the game properly/well.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
#14RX02BansheePosted 1/9/2013 3:00:16 AM
I would say it's too early to tell, but I'll use my starter all through the game like I always do. Whether they will remain my main Pokemon remains to be seen though, I had no problems shunning Samurott in favour of other Pokemon I picked up during the game. It just ended up sitting in the sixth slot doing nothing by the end.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
#15FungusForBrainsPosted 1/9/2013 3:13:14 AM
I'll keep my starter, unless it's actually ridiculously bad at battles. But I'm keeping my starter so that I can see what it evolves into, that'll be awesome. Plus, seeing all the new Pokemon and having no idea which ones are good will be awesome, it's exciting and fun.