This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Aha! My "Masculine" version buying trend finally comes to fruition!

#1CyberWrist101Posted 1/9/2013 2:49:20 AM
My whole life I've focused on buying the more "masculine" of the paired versions first and foremost, although I'd always end up with both anyway.

Basically,
FireRed > LeafGreen: Red being a harsher color generally related to anger, war, blood with the manly dragon-like Charizard as the mascot, as opposed to the softer, peaceful green and the like-wise Venusaur (I love him and all, but... he's got a flower on his back).

HeartGold > SoulSilver: This is a tougher call, it's less about Ho-oh and Lugia (which could go both ways, though I see a lot of girls who prefer Lugia it's probably due to the second movie however), but generally Gold has the more masculine version exclusives (Growlithe and Donphan).

Ruby > Sapphire: Once again, the color red resurfaces and the bulky and threatening Groudon is the version exclusive. Kyogre is less outright menacing and is a softer color of blue.

Diamond > Pearl: Diamond is associated with the color blue primarily, but in light of Pearl's pink color it's the more masculine. Also, there's the rocking Dialga vs the also pink Palkia.

Black (2) > White (2): Black is simply the darker and more boyish version, I feel. Though I ironically the version mascot doesn't enforce this until B2. Not to say White is feminine, it just doesn't feel as much masculine as Black.

Of course, this is all just a silly observation of my own tendencies, but it's funny that with X and Y approaching, picking Pokemon Y is -quite literally- the masculine choice. xP (Talking in terms of XY chromosomes)
---
Gamertag: SquirtleMan649
#2KillerMechanoidPosted 1/9/2013 2:55:25 AM
Black/Black2 has Technology (Opelucid City, Black City, modernized route 4 in B2) and White/White2 has Nature (Opelucid City, White Forest, "ancient" Route 4 in W2).

Combined with this trope:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MotherNatureFatherScience
,I'd say that Black seems more "masculine".
#3FungusForBrainsPosted 1/9/2013 2:57:45 AM
KillerMechanoid posted...
Black/Black2 has Technology (Opelucid City, Black City, modernized route 4 in B2) and White/White2 has Nature (Opelucid City, White Forest, "ancient" Route 4 in W2).

Combined with this trope:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MotherNatureFatherScience
,I'd say that Black seems more "masculine".

You monster. Do you know what happens when you link to tvtropes? Tens of people follow the link and get addicted for several hours! D: