This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

From Pokemon Company President Tsunekazu Ishihara himself:

#21CheckmateD1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 5:30:55 PM
IndianaJones65 posted...
why do people think fact == true

Because a fact is a true statement, and this is factual information, straight from the Pokemon Company President himself.
---
http://johnfenzel.typepad.com/john_fenzels_blog/images/checkmate.jpg
#22PokemonYoutubePosted 1/9/2013 5:40:57 PM
Over 700 means that this generation will bring the total amount of Pokémon to anywhere from 701 to 799. So that's at least 52 new Pokémon and 150 new Pokémon at most.
---
www.youtube.com/GeneralSecura
#23OldDirtyCRPosted 1/9/2013 5:43:12 PM
CheckmateD1 posted...
IndianaJones65 posted...
why do people think fact == true

Because a fact is a true statement, and this is factual information, straight from the Pokemon Company President himself.

All of his statements were pretty vague/generic. Of course we are having over 700 pokemon, if we had less then everyone would be pissed as that's only 50 more. Everything he says is very generic, and for good reason. He isn't really promising anything special and most of it is subjective. This allows GF wiggle room to change features without being labeled as liars.

Anyways, what developers say does not equal truth. Peter Molyneux is living proof of that. He ran his mouth off to the press/gamers before each Fable release and promised countless features that weren't remotely in the game. Like dozens of features that were not in the games. He would take features that weren't even coded yet or set in stone and announce them because he wanted to generate hype.

Don't get me wrong, there's no doubt in my mind that the President of Pokemon is telling the truth. But your belief that "President speech = fact = truth" is wrong.
#24CheckmateD1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 5:51:16 PM
PokemonYoutube posted...
Over 700 means that this generation will bring the total amount of Pokémon to anywhere from 701 to 799. So that's at least 52 new Pokémon and 150 new Pokémon at most.

This is absolutely correct. I'm hoping for at least 120 new Pokemon, myself.

OldDirtyCR posted...
All of his statements were pretty vague/generic. Of course we are having over 700 pokemon, if we had less then everyone would be pissed as that's only 50 more. Everything he says is very generic, and for good reason. He isn't really promising anything special and most of it is subjective. This allows GF wiggle room to change features without being labeled as liars.

Anyways, what developers say does not equal truth. Peter Molyneux is living proof of that. He ran his mouth off to the press/gamers before each Fable release and promised countless features that weren't remotely in the game. Like dozens of features that were not in the games. He would take features that weren't even coded yet or set in stone and announce them because he wanted to generate hype.

Don't get me wrong, there's no doubt in my mind that the President of Pokemon is telling the truth. But your belief that "President speech = fact = truth" is wrong.

You just HAD to go and make a serious explanation post, didn't ya?

Well regardless, it IS a fact that all those things were said. Including that everyone will enjoy the game's scenario and music. There's absolutely no way it will be disliked, by any person, for any reason. It's simply impossible, good sir.
---
http://johnfenzel.typepad.com/john_fenzels_blog/images/checkmate.jpg