This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hope they make it easier to EV train.

#1DracovianPosted 1/9/2013 7:11:45 AM
Streamline it at least so we can more easily try multiple teams without wasting hours on ideas that may not pay off.
---
"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what." - Dr. House
#2MugilokoPosted 1/9/2013 7:12:59 AM
EV training is easy.
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/VcOip.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#3TherianReturnsPosted 1/9/2013 7:13:14 AM
Mugiloko posted...
EV training is easy.

---
Therian the god king. -Gen 6 is going to suck.
#4RTC3Posted 1/9/2013 7:13:38 AM
showdown son
---
<3 *Yao Ming* <3http://i.imgur.com/ulNUN.png<3 *Yao Ming* <3
Heat. http://i.imgur.com/zC1gp.jpg Sit down, kid
#5FuneralCakePosted 1/9/2013 7:13:40 AM
Super easy. They don't need to change it.
---
SERIOUSLY NOT HOME ROWED
want some funeral to go with that cake?
#6SlimeStackPosted 1/9/2013 7:16:54 AM
I think it needs to become more accessible rather than easy. Like, getting Pokérus, holding an EV training item and KO'ing the right Pokémon isn't hard and if you're doing all 3 of those things it won't take long. But it's all invisible and the explanation is very vague in-game, I wouldn't mind if they tried to do something about that. Natures are very easy to ignore if you don't understand them, but they're very visible and easy to deal with as they are.
#7Dracovian(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 7:17:48 AM
By EV training I mean the whole thing including finding the right nature and IVs, breeding for moves. It is quite time consuming. I've only ever gotten one perfect Pokemon and it took me 4 days of hassle.
---
"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what." - Dr. House
#8deadpool848Posted 1/9/2013 7:22:14 AM
Yea it's easy, but takes forever, and thats a deterrent from actually doing it for most people. Sure there are those dedicated people that do EV train many different teams, but not everyone is like those people. Since the game seams to be leaning to a more scientific world, its not hard to implement another, less time-consuming way to do it. At the moment fastest way is to vitamin + band + train on pokemon that vie that EV. Butif you think about it, there is no realy way for someone who does not use the intenternet to determine which EV each pokemon gives. Maybe have that lsited in the pokedex like, "this pokemon is a popular oponent to fight if you want to improve "X" stat." They can keep it the way it is, but maybe make it a bit more noob friendly if you want to put it into lamen terms.
#9SazukeEXPosted 1/9/2013 7:23:25 AM
Mugiloko posted...
EV training is easy.

Pokesav doesn't count.
---
-Canon FE7 Lovers- Hector/Farina, Lyn/Rath, Eliwood/Ninian, Nino/Jaffar, Barte/Karla, Priscilla/Erk, Wil/Rebecca, Pent/Louise, Raven/Lucius, Legault/Isadora
#10SlimeStackPosted 1/9/2013 7:30:49 AM
Actually one thing I would change about EVs is the cap on them. Allocating a single byte for each stat and leaving it at that isn't exactly a bad way to program it, but I think it's quite unfortunate that it's possible to overshoot by 3 points, especially considering the value is invisible. Increase the cap by 1 or reduce it by 3 plox. <.<

/minorpedanticthings