This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Please fix the sound clips for the Pokemon...

#1RollerBobPosted 1/9/2013 6:20:56 AM
We get 3D worlds, 3D characters, 3D Pokémons and 3D battles, all up-to-date stuff...

Can we get updated voice clips? I'm just sick of the chiptune-like voices for the Pokémons. It made sense back on the GB/GBC, but with an advanced system like the 3DS, they can go with much higher quality. Give me the anime voices for the Pokémons. It's not that alienating anymore, EVERY version of the anime has their Pokémons speak their names normally.

Can we finally get this for a Pokémon game now?
---
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.
#2SlimeStackPosted 1/9/2013 6:22:30 AM
No. No anime.

I wouldn't say no to older Pokémon sounding like Gen 4/5/6 ones though.
#3EternalNetherPosted 1/9/2013 6:23:35 AM
I don't know. I'm okay with the current sounds for them, though they could really use a bit of cleaning up to make them sound nicer. That said, I think they will start doing actual voices like from the anime eventually, but probably not this gen. I also find myself wondering if they'll ever implement some form of voice acting into the world. I'm torn on whether I want that or not. This is one of those series that I find I actually like without voice acting.
#4RollerBob(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 6:33:19 AM
EternalNether posted...
I don't know. I'm okay with the current sounds for them, though they could really use a bit of cleaning up to make them sound nicer. That said, I think they will start doing actual voices like from the anime eventually, but probably not this gen. I also find myself wondering if they'll ever implement some form of voice acting into the world. I'm torn on whether I want that or not. This is one of those series that I find I actually like without voice acting.

That's something I'm waiting for, and that got me wondering for that ever since they published that cool B2 & W2 trailer.

- The Gym Leaders/Elite Four/Champions could talk in a cutscene (in-game or anime) before the battle start.
- Your rival could talk in a cutscene before the battle start.
- The criminal groups could talk before the battle start.
- The professor that gives you your starter could talk in the tutorial.

That wouldn't break the "illusion" or whatever if that happens. So having the Pokémons speak like they do in the anime wouldn't be that immersion-breaking. We had Pikachu speak his name for Pokémon Yellow, Stadium and Stadium 2, we had the Pokémons speak for Pokémon Snap, we even have Pokémons speak normally for the Mystery Dungeon games AND related anime episodes. So having the Pokémons talk like in the anime for the game wouldn't be that problematic.

That didn't cause a riot when that gimmick was used in the anime, so how can it be for the games?
---
#5RollerBob(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 11:00:22 AM
bump?
---
#6RunebogglePosted 1/10/2013 11:04:00 AM(edited)
Yes, let's make localization take even longer by giving every country and region their own unique cries.

We're getting a worldwide release this time. I doubt they'd take the time to give every region their own cries in their own language.
---
Si || Everyone dies. It is how one lives that matters.
#7Rupin_SalesmanPosted 1/10/2013 11:04:36 AM
I want the Stadium Voices for the Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon.
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario
#8vital_tundraPosted 1/10/2013 11:04:58 AM
If anything they should just take all the old cries and make them sound more organic.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#9Elec Man EXEPosted 1/10/2013 11:11:56 AM
Anime cries are horrible. They sound silly (one of the first things people make fun about in regards to the anime, in my experience), and they make little sense with the nature of the names themselves and make the pokemon seem artificial. I don't care if the games CAN have them, I do not want them regardless.

Make better, more sophisticated versions of the current cries, fine. But not anime-style "name shouting" please.
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
#10reaverzPosted 1/10/2013 11:21:51 AM
I wouldn't count out the chance that they updated the old cries to be on par with the cries in Gen 4 and 5. It was a bit suspicious that we didn't hear Pikachu's cry in the trailer, after all...
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]