This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Please fix the sound clips for the Pokemon...

#21RollerBob(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 4:52:00 PM
Limen123 posted...
RollerBob posted...
I know the 3DS cartirgde can go up to like 2 Terabytes of data, with a high price, but I would be okay with just dual audio so the cartirgde memory doesn't get overloaded.

Last I heard, it was 2GB, 4GB, or 8GB. No way would they ever make a game that is 2 TB big in this generation. >_>

Ok, the cartridge the 3DS is using is the same model that can technically go up to 2 TB. So if the 3DS is using a similar cartridge, it could get to that same amount of storage.

RippleLaser posted...
Your opinion doesn't please most pokemon fans, TC

I thought real fans would like both the games and the anime, regardless of what both do. If they don't like either of them, then they're not true fans.

Beside, it's time for a change, to move forward, to upgrade the system. I'm not asking for something THAT problematic. Chiptunes are outdated, especially for an advanced system as the 3DS. It's not viable anymore and even die-hard fans in the gaming journanism department of many gaming sites that review the games are getting sick and tired of the chiptunes that they even wished the games had a mute option for them.

How come it's okay to get 3D graphics and models, which the games don't technically need (the games could have been in 2D as well without any problem, not that I mind though), to get better music, better gameplay elements, better stats, better Pokémons, better features and stuff, but it would a catastrophe to get voicework with actual voices for the Pokémons instead of chiptunes that make you feel like you're getting drilled though the ear and down your throat? Care to explain why such a little detail as this would cause such a commotion?

You guys didn't complain about the B2 & W2 trailer being animated and fully voiced. In fact, many fans are asking a brand new anime featuring older characters due to how good the trailer was received. It had the Pokémons speak their names in there and it wasn't the anime series.

If you guys would boycott the games because you would hear "Pikachu!" instead of the chiptune, then you guys have to get your priorities in the right place, because complaining about something that superficial is downright bogus. I could understand the gameplay and/or the visual style being changed completely that it doesn't feel like Pokémon anymore, but getting voice samples instead of chiptunes for them wouldn't break the game... at all!

Chiptunes are primitives, voice samples are not...
---
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.
#22Blingya25Posted 1/10/2013 4:53:55 PM
SlimeStack posted...
No. No anime.

I wouldn't say no to older Pokémon sounding like Gen 4/5/6 ones though.

*remembers Tepig's english voice*

Tehh Pehggg Teeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh pehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhg

*shudders so hard, spine explodes*

*KABLAMMO!!!*
---
That's how goddamminity damn good that god damn game is. - AC (GCN)
#23RollerBob(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 4:58:49 PM
Blingya25 posted...
SlimeStack posted...
No. No anime.

I wouldn't say no to older Pokémon sounding like Gen 4/5/6 ones though.

*remembers Tepig's english voice*

Tehh Pehggg Teeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh pehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhg

*shudders so hard, spine explodes*

*KABLAMMO!!!*

Yes, because one voice out of 654 (649 + the 3 new starters + the 2 new legendaries confirmed) would so turn you off for these games...
---
#24RippleLaserPosted 1/10/2013 5:25:31 PM
General consensus is that the games are good while the anime is piece of crap, people watch only because it has pokemon in it. Pokemon saying their names doesn't sound natural, plus it makes every thing sounds like a parrot.
Charizard might sound fine, French people would tear their ears hearing Dracofeu every time.

I'd rather hear the shiver inducing roar of Hydreigon, instead of it repeating its name mindlessly. We already have a Chatot, and it sucks.
---
Just according to keikaku*.
*Keikaku means plan.
#25RollerBob(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 6:01:28 PM
RippleLaser posted...
General consensus is that the games are good while the anime is piece of crap, people watch only because it has pokemon in it. Pokemon saying their names doesn't sound natural, plus it makes every thing sounds like a parrot.

Pokémons aren't mindless animals, many of them are just as smart as humans. Also, the Mystery Dungeon games have the Pokémons speak normally. Lucario speaks normally in Brawl... and he's not even a Psychic type. Did they REALLY bother people? If so, get over it. It isn't a fault to get voice samples instead of chiptunes for Pokémon. It has been done before and players didn't complain... at all.

General consensus... yeah, sure... more like a whining minority...

RippleLaser posted...
Charizard might sound fine, French people would tear their ears hearing Dracofeu every time.

Actually, Charizard, in the French anime, sounds like the English/Japanese version, he doesn't scream his name because it's a different language. Beside, it's a localization thing, not a sound thing.
---
#26RippleLaserPosted 1/10/2013 6:08:19 PM
RollerBob posted...

General consensus... yeah, sure... more like a whining minority...

Look who's talking.

Anyway, I doubt Gamefreak would change to what you wish for, as their gen 1/2 sound stayed for so long. Gen 3-5 sound fine for me, and many of then sound like real animals.
---
Just according to keikaku*.
*Keikaku means plan.