This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's post the usual new gen complaints here.

#1DaramuePosted 1/9/2013 7:55:37 AM
Saw something like this yesterday and it was so funny to me. The community is so amazingly cyclical. Do we have to go through the same process every single time? The least I can do is make fun of it.

-The new starters are unveiled and everybody says they're horrible and look stupid.
-"New pokemon designs are so uncreative! Old designs like voltorb/grimer/magnemite and their evolutions were so much more interesting!"
-"The names suck! Gamefreak can't think of anything!"
-"There are no pokemon after 151/251/386/whatever"
-"This will be the game that kills pokemon forever"
-"It's too soon, I'm going to sell my 3ds" (Or something equally dramatic)

I know there are others I missed.
---
"I object....for objection's sake!" ~Franziska Von Karma
"How many horse-powers does it have, Mr. Nick? How many horsies?" ~ Pearl Fey
#2UltraCantaloupePosted 1/9/2013 7:57:58 AM
Who said something bad about Magnemite? His design is pretty neat.
---
Hey, thanks for reading this! It took me a while to type it out.
#3Daramue(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 7:59:28 AM
Not sure. I was thinking of random gen 1 pokemon to add to list (but not without purpose; voltorb and grimer, like them as I do, are astoundingly uncreative).
---
#4ShadowKnux372Posted 1/9/2013 8:01:05 AM
My complaints about generations are usually that there are still complaints getting lodged around. I'm easy to please, so I don't have much of anything negative to say, except that I need to kick myself into gear to play all of Gen. V up. :P
---
# of people who want real catgirls: 149
# of times I've been deemed pleasant or interesting: 60
#5DarkDragon386Posted 1/9/2013 8:03:28 AM
ShadowKnux372 posted...
My complaints about generations are usually that there are still complaints getting lodged around. I'm easy to please, so I don't have much of anything negative to say, except that I need to kick myself into gear to play all of Gen. IV up. :P

Fix'd for my feelings. I'm still pretty much stuck in Gen III, but I have put about 100 hours in White.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#6summerclawPosted 1/9/2013 8:08:32 AM
I don't understand why the new pokemon fans have to make fun of Magnemite and Magneton as being unoriginal. There's much worse early pokemon out there like Jinx and 99% of the jotho.
---
In every loss, in every lie, in every truth that you'd deny
And each regret and each goodbye was a mistake too great to hide.
#7Tequila_ShotPosted 1/9/2013 8:09:49 AM
These new Pokemon are uninspired. Vanilluxe is much better.
---
If you're a gamer, it is your responsibility to share this with everyone you know:
http://youtu.be/jHmDjNCZR3k
#8Daramue(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 8:14:21 AM
summerclaw posted...
I don't understand why the new pokemon fans have to make fun of Magnemite and Magneton as being unoriginal. There's much worse early pokemon out there like Jinx and 99% of the jotho.

Not sure if this is directed at me, but like many others, I am not a new pokemon fan: I've been with the series since 1998.

I didn't realize that there was such a vocal magnemite faction/union at gamefaqs. I will endeavor to never make fun of him again.

The reason I pointed out voltorb/grimer/magnemite (Which, by the way, I love them all) was to point out the hypocrisy in making fun of how "uncreative" the new designs are.
---
#9arvilinoPosted 1/9/2013 8:16:16 AM
summerclaw posted...

It's more of the case of Magnemite conforming to the same criticism that some people give to new ones. I think it's pretty safe to guess that newer fans probably don't dislike Magnemite,
#10Tequila_ShotPosted 1/9/2013 8:16:59 AM
I wouldn't call Voltorb uninspired or lazy. The whole point was for it to look like a Pokeball. Admiral Ackbar can tell you why.
---
If you're a gamer, it is your responsibility to share this with everyone you know:
http://youtu.be/jHmDjNCZR3k