This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Though i'm excited, i have this strange fear about the shift to 3D

#1Ku-Ri-BohPosted 1/9/2013 7:37:33 AM
Lemme be honest. I'm super duper hyped and despite me being one of the people opposing all 3D main series Pokemon game, i actually really like everything i've seen from the trailer. The choice on cel-shaded, etc, it is brilliant. Definitely day1 purchase, or even earlier if possible

Yet.. There's this disturbing feel that tells me "This somehow doesn't feel like a main series Pokemon anymore"
Hey, i was fine with Collosseum and XD. Perhaps it was because my mind accepted them fully as spin-offs. But i now fear that this turn gfreak is taking will be irreversible in a bad way.. Like, i may miss sprites or the feeling of playing handheld Pokemon game. Watching little, cutesy sprites walking around in a colourful sprited world, admiring new sprites or now sprite-animation (which i feel has been scrapped way too early after its amazing entrance)

Tl:dr I think my body's ready, but in fact it may not be (not fully). So is it just me?
#2Ku-Ri-Boh(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 7:43:02 AM
Sigh i wish they'd remake all the previous games into this 3D world. I really wanna explore them all new >.<

But really, i'll miss 2D Pokemon game. 2D is NOT inferior to 3D. It has its own charm, artistic superiority, and certain things are presented better in 2D than 3D. I guess this is just the fear that they don't live up to my 3D expectations..
#3Serebii from SPPPosted 1/9/2013 7:47:57 AM
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...
Lemme be honest. I'm super duper hyped and despite me being one of the people opposing all 3D main series Pokemon game, i actually really like everything i've seen from the trailer. The choice on cel-shaded, etc, it is brilliant. Definitely day1 purchase, or even earlier if possible

Yet.. There's this disturbing feel that tells me "This somehow doesn't feel like a main series Pokemon anymore"
Hey, i was fine with Collosseum and XD. Perhaps it was because my mind accepted them fully as spin-offs. But i now fear that this turn gfreak is taking will be irreversible in a bad way.. Like, i may miss sprites or the feeling of playing handheld Pokemon game. Watching little, cutesy sprites walking around in a colourful sprited world, admiring new sprites or now sprite-animation (which i feel has been scrapped way too early after its amazing entrance)

Tl:dr I think my body's ready, but in fact it may not be (not fully). So is it just me?

Don't worry, the artistic style they're going for mirrors how the games have been since 2006 so it'll feel right
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#4darkus_fPosted 1/9/2013 7:49:09 AM
Boo freakin hoo.
3D > 2D in every possible way. Thank God sprites are finally being ditched. Even the GBA could handle a 3D world (Check out Golden Sun).

Opinions and opinions of course.
---
3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549
White2 FC: 0047-1293-2356
#5deevo117Posted 1/9/2013 7:51:16 AM
Gamer's puberty.

It'll pass. Just wait till you discover boob physics. Stay away from those Soulcalibur games....
---
Official Manectric of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#6Ku-Ri-Boh(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 7:51:32 AM
Hey thx, Serebii. It almost feels magical how i managed to calm down a little just because i heard it from you
#7TruePowerSeekerPosted 1/9/2013 7:51:32 AM
Well many indie games have shown that 2D can be quite charming. However I think it is about time for pokemon to evolve into 3D.
---
http://tinyurl.com/abm7qr6
#8Shadow_StarWolfPosted 1/9/2013 7:52:16 AM
My only worry is the battle speed really, but it seems like solar beam still has the same speed.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!