This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WHY!!! I don't have my own 3DS and I'm a little irritated >_<

#71ShadowKnux372Posted 1/9/2013 8:22:29 AM
It might seem like a cheesy solution, and kind of a long-shot, but if worse comes to worse and there are no alternatives, ask your parents early in the year (i.e., now) if they can save up, so that your birthday/Christmas presents can be the 3DS and Pokemon X alone. Between the two holidays, if they can set aside money starting now, they might be able to do that.

But on that regard, you need to stick by that commitment and not ask for anything else, unless they assure you that you could maybe get more. Make sure they don't try to ask you for something else in order to substitute the possibility of buying the game and system.

Oh, and being parents, make sure they get the right systems and games. Be very specific. :P
---
# of people who want real catgirls: 149
# of times I've been deemed pleasant or interesting: 60
#72DarkDragon386Posted 1/9/2013 8:23:45 AM
Grandparents, in my experience, are more likely to spoil their grandchildren before the parents are. I'm definitely not suggesting you manipulate your grandparents or anything, but if they ask you what you want for Christmas, your birthday, Easter, other December holiday, tell them you want a 3DS.

Even better, ask if there's anything around the house that you can do for them. Grandparents are most likely older and can't do what they used to be able to do, so they'll probably appreciate it a lot more if their grandkid helped them with the stuff that needs done. And they'll probably give you a higher wage than your neighbor or someone in the community would.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#73MovesLikeJabba(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 8:26:06 AM
ShadowKnux372 posted...
It might seem like a cheesy solution, and kind of a long-shot, but if worse comes to worse and there are no alternatives, ask your parents early in the year (i.e., now) if they can save up, so that your birthday/Christmas presents can be the 3DS and Pokemon X alone. Between the two holidays, if they can set aside money starting now, they might be able to do that.

But on that regard, you need to stick by that commitment and not ask for anything else, unless they assure you that you could maybe get more. Make sure they don't try to ask you for something else in order to substitute the possibility of buying the game and system.

Oh, and being parents, make sure they get the right systems and games. Be very specific. :P

Very specific, very specific.
Ok!
I'm gonna ask for a solid blue 3DS (not xl) and Pokemon X.
They probably won't take me seriously, but I can try,right?

This may be my favorite idea yet.
Being 13 there ain't that much non-tech stuff I want.
So a 3DS and a game would work ^_^

Thanks for the suggestion!
---
in the name of MAD, you gots to move like Jabba!
Official Flareon of the Eevee corps *wags tail* Official Shiny Fennekin of the Pokemon X & Y boards.
#74amigo767Posted 1/9/2013 8:27:41 AM
here is my suggestion....

stop complaining lol

hell it's not like you dont even have a 3DS at all...

be grateful you werent born in some 4th world hellhole
---
Co-Leader of The Fight Club
No more Wifi fights.
#75DarkDragon386Posted 1/9/2013 8:32:00 AM(edited)
Overall, good luck, I know being that young can be tough. Also just a fair warning but while your parents have your best intentions in mind, make sure they don't shelter you from making your own mistakes, thats a building block of learning.

Also, I can't stress this enough. It really doesn't have to do with the topic, but it's an important life lesson. Mistakes are how you grow and learn.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#76DW2189Posted 1/9/2013 8:31:33 AM
Well, since 3DS can play regular DS games, sell you DSi and use that money towards a 3DS.
---
Black FC: 4083-6888-2587