This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wait, they took SEVEN years to develop this game?

#11KitschgardenerPosted 1/9/2013 8:19:35 AM
I'd love to think Gen VI started around the time they were making the Serperior family, when they did some research into French history and heraldry.
#12keybladesrusPosted 1/9/2013 8:20:17 AM
Lost_Seraph09 posted...
banjo kazooie posted...
I don't think any game has been in development for seven years. You know. Not counting MMOs that have been active for that long.

FF Versus XIII is shaping up to be one.

Beat me to it!
---
"Let's just say they're...not okay" - Madara Uchiha
#13monkeyprince82Posted 1/9/2013 8:26:39 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#14PatJammaPosted 1/9/2013 8:31:59 AM
Allow me to enlighten you. "In development" is a very vague term. It doesn't necessarily mean that the game is being programmed or even worked on directly. They could have designed some of the Pokemon 7 years ago for previous games and decided that they didn't fit in too well (see the Munna in gen 1 theory), or been using previous games as a testing toy, such as the many eye-candy locations in B/W being a 3D object test. Development is weird. Heck, AlphaDream built the first DS with a burnt GBA, an SP, a link cable, and a Super Nintendo controller during "development"
---
Lies! I was never here!
Purple taste like crayons.
#15banjo kazooiePosted 1/9/2013 8:42:35 AM
2006_ posted...
banjo kazooie posted...
I don't think any game has been in development for seven years. You know. Not counting MMOs that have been active for that long.

Duke Nukem: Forever
Half Life 3

Duke Nukem: Forever was completely and unceremoniously abandoned. The recent release was probably made in a couple of years to cash in on the fanbase demand. As for Half Life 3, it may well be, or it may not have been. It may have been started from "scratch" (Fresh copy of the Source engine once again...) at some point.
---
*(int *)nullptr = 0;
http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/
#16bwburke94Posted 1/9/2013 1:01:20 PM
As for Half Life 3, it may well be, or it may not have been. It may have been started from "scratch" (Fresh copy of the Source engine once again...) at some point.

Gaben is fat enough to be a fat bastard.
---
Unofficial Froakie of the Pokemon X board.
Not to be confused with the webcomic. I've already received enough kicks in the nuts.
#17Zombie_Socks_96Posted 1/9/2013 1:03:50 PM
Lost_Seraph09 posted...
banjo kazooie posted...

FF Versus XIII is shaping up to be one.

Don't forget The Last Guardian
---
Full Sail Game Design Student (working on test game now)
Games I Want: Rayman Legends, The Wonderful 101, Bioshock: Infinite, Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time
#18Leo_ColtPosted 1/9/2013 1:04:18 PM
AbysmalTrinity posted...
How is seven years even possible? They were developing the sixth gen before gen five?

Didn't they have a 3DS dev kit before Black/White came out? Would make sense... I always felt Gen V was just a holdover gen to keep the money printing until these games came out.