This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, do you think we'll get backwards compatiblity?

#11jayman7Posted 1/9/2013 1:04:28 PM
I think that we will and we should. If you want to start your National Pokedex fresh every generation, all the power to you. Me? I don't want to lose my shinies, my rare event Pokemon, or everything else I spent hours trying to find.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#12electric_emuPosted 1/9/2013 1:05:37 PM
BikdipOnABus posted...
I hope that we'll be forced to start fresh, if only so everyone else can realize that starting a collection from scratch isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm the type to start up a new collection in every new game, without transferring all my old stuff each time. There's no fun in doing it that way (in my opinion, at least), and I feel that too many people are complaining about it being a long and tedious process when there's really no reason whatsoever to do it in the first place.

That's great for you, but I spent hundreds of hours breeding and EV training Pokemon that cannot be easily replaced. I would rather not be forced to throw all that away. I still have EV trained Pokemon from Gen III. Make me toss all that and I'll be quite bitter.
#13ClassyOldHatPosted 1/9/2013 1:14:47 PM
BikdipOnABus posted...
I hope that we'll be forced to start fresh, if only so everyone else can realize that starting a collection from scratch isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm the type to start up a new collection in every new game, without transferring all my old stuff each time. There's no fun in doing it that way (in my opinion, at least), and I feel that too many people are complaining about it being a long and tedious process when there's really no reason whatsoever to do it in the first place.

That's all well and good until you hit the brick wall that is this simple fact: Even since gen 2, completing the Pokedex, even with both versions of the current generation, has been impossible without a backwards compatible game (Or remakes, third versions and two Gamecube games in the case of generation three).