This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wild Starters?

#17656198Posted 1/9/2013 10:19:07 AM
Do you think we'll ever be able to catch them? I wish we could, even if they were super rare and of course version exclusives. Even if it was just the older ones. Just once i want to see a wild Squirtle or Charmander.
---
My name is numbers because I'm an idiot......
#2zxqqxzPosted 1/9/2013 10:20:00 AM
There WAS a wild Torchic in the Pokewalker, but that's about it.
---
I don't just root for the underdog, I PLAY the underdog. SSBM Pichu FTW!
#3SlimeStackPosted 1/9/2013 10:21:23 AM
Personally, I think previous starters would make the perfect obligatory egg Pokémon. You know, that one egg we get for free in every game. It could be a post-game egg like the Happiny one in Black 2.

It wouldn't hurt to have extra starter choices at the very end of the game like in Emerald and HGSS.

I don't think them actually appearing in the wild would work all that well, they just need to gift them to us in-game more often.
#47656198(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 10:25:11 AM
SlimeStack posted...
Personally, I think previous starters would make the perfect obligatory egg Pokémon. You know, that one egg we get for free in every game. It could be a post-game egg like the Happiny one in Black 2.

It wouldn't hurt to have extra starter choices at the very end of the game like in Emerald and HGSS.

I don't think them actually appearing in the wild would work all that well, they just need to gift them to us in-game more often.

I'd be happy with anything. I just would to see them distributed more. Maybe even through a Safari Zone kind of area.

Note: Please X/Y bring Safari Zone back...Unless Black/White 2 did...Havent played those.
---
My name is numbers because I'm an idiot......
#5kitsuneasikaPosted 1/9/2013 1:53:59 PM
SlimeStack posted...

I really like this idea. That way, the starters will still be a little special, but we have the opportunity to get them.
#6shadow_sakePosted 1/9/2013 1:55:53 PM
We could get a random starter from the egg (Gens 1-5)
---
PSN: Shadow_Sake
c:x:x:x:x{{:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
#7jayman7Posted 1/9/2013 2:02:58 PM(edited)
I've long compared the starters with completely-domesticated animals. One does not find domesticated dogs in the wild (except in Australia where a population of dogs went feral, but that's a special case). One does not find chickens in the wild, or cows. You can find their wild cousins in the right places (heck, wolves are everywhere) but they're not quite the same thing.

So, for example, let's pretend that Froakie is a domesticated cousin of Poliwag. It makes sense that Froakies wouldn't be wild even if Poliwags still are.

I suppose that's no reason you couldn't get them from eggs from NPCs...
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere