This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm more worried about new move designs than new Pokemon designs

#1Ku-Ri-BohPosted 1/9/2013 9:31:26 AM
Pokemon designs, as every gen has proven, are always easy to get used to. Everything like this just takes time

Moves however, i fear Gfreak can't have too much idea anymore other than dishing out more useless but flavourful moves (like tail slap) or broken ones (like shell smash, quiver dance), or clones of powerful moves for all types (Stealth Ice, new 120-BP recoil, new priority)

It's fun thinking of how this and that Pokemon will improve competitively, but if everybody gets the same myriads of powerful options, the metagame can only get more offensive and powercreepy. Smogon will have a harder time pleasing people. Either people complain that the Pokemon they lose to still haven't been banned, or noobs complaining that their favourite overpowered craps have been banned for "no reason"
#2Ku-Ri-Boh(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 9:34:34 AM
Bump
#3lazycomplifePosted 1/9/2013 9:35:41 AM
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...
Either people complain that the Pokemon they lose to still haven't been banned, or noobs complaining that their favourite overpowered craps have been banned for "no reason"

So nothing will change?
---
Wow really
#4makedouniaPosted 1/9/2013 10:28:41 AM
lazycomplife posted...
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...
Either people complain that the Pokemon they lose to still haven't been banned, or noobs complaining that their favourite overpowered craps have been banned for "no reason"

So nothing will change?
#5FuzzyJelloPosted 1/9/2013 10:44:25 AM
I can't say I disagree. I mean, considering competitive throws the majority of attacks out the window already, what more do we "need"? A strong physical ice move for those that get ice punch is the only thing that immediately comes to mind.
#6Archwing3441Posted 1/9/2013 10:49:12 AM
a decent dark move that isn't dark pulse?
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
#7FuzzyJelloPosted 1/9/2013 12:37:57 PM(edited)
Archwing3441 posted...
a decent dark move that isn't dark pulse?

But what's wrong with Dark Pulse that we need another one?

Also, clearly meant to say "good physical ice move for those that don't get ice punch".